• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Gunner Absorbing Vortex

JediJess

Smash Rookie
NNID
J3diJ3ss
3DS FC
4313-1221-1705
I've found a bit of a glitch using Mii Gunner. While I was testing my Mii with the different specials, I found that Mii Gunner's 3rd Down-Special (Down-B) has interesting aerial properties. it doesn't take a genous to notice that it appears to slow your decent in midair, but it also seems to give you Moon like Physics when used upon ascending.

Create or edit a Mii Gunner to have the Equipment set to high amounts of Agility. If you test your Mii, it's best if you aim to reach Just below the top of the screen, including the up special. Jump, Double jump, Up special. that's the normal recovery technique.
Once you have done this, set the Mii's Down special to "Absorbing Vortex" (the 3rd special). This time, as you jump, immediately press down-B. This is easiest done if you use X or Y (or some button) to jump. hold it untill you completely halt momentum at the higher peak of your jump, then doublejump and Instand Absorbing Vortex a second time. once you reach your new Doublejump peak, use your up special to disappear of the top of the screen.

Put simply, Absorbing Vortex can increase the height of your Initial and Double-Jump. What are your thoughts on this?

Top Bottom