• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Fighters should be banned from online

Wh1rlwind

Smash Rookie
Mii fighters are too complicated for online. They have multiple possibilities for movesets which going up against them a roulette of what their kit is. Also with how Miis are custom people can make inappropriate Mii characters. Overall I feel they are too customizable for online play and make the game and getting more gsp a hassle.

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
"I can't adapt to this character's moveset so it needs to be banned"

Miis will always have the same normals going in, and those make up their BnBs most of the time. Just learn the matchup and learn how to deal with the specials, and you shouldn't have any problems fighting them.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Mii fighters are too complicated for online. They have multiple possibilities for movesets which going up against them a roulette of what their kit is. Also with how Miis are custom people can make inappropriate Mii characters. Overall I feel they are too customizable for online play and make the game and getting more gsp a hassle.
Let's be real here, you don't actually care about being able to make inappropriate Miis...

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
If miis were at all overpowered I’d maybe agree with you, but they simply aren’t so your point falls right on it’s face my friend

Wh1rlwind

Smash Rookie
If miis were at all overpowered I’d maybe agree with you, but they simply aren’t so your point falls right on it’s face my friend
It's not that they are overpowered it is just that each mii fighter can have 12 different movesets + they have different playstyles I just don't think that is something that people should have to adapt to essentially enter the lottery and hope that the mii fighter has a moveset that they can play well again so I think they should be removed or rebalanced to have a set moveset.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
If they implemented a preview for online that would show the specials for a particular Mii fighter before the match, I wouldn't be mad. But I also don't care much if they don't.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mii Fighters may have different special moves but it's only 4 moves out of 20+.

Besides people will gravitate towards movesets that complement themselves so even though there's many combinations, realistically, you'll only see three o four on each fighter.

It's just something to adapt to.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I do think they should show the moves before the match. No one else gets blind picks on moves and you can really wind up in a blind edgeguard because someone has an option you weren't aware of. I get free kills often because someone didn't know I had a reflector.

As for inappropriate miis, it would be nice if you could just force default styles online if you want. You could probably just report someone if something is offensive though.

Last edited:

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
I do think they should show the moves before the match. No one else gets blind picks on moves and you can really wind up in a blind edgeguard because someone has an option you weren't aware of. I get free kills often because someone didn't know I had a reflector.

As for inappropriate miis, it would be nice if you could just force default styles online if you want. You could probably just report someone if something is offensive though.
I usually try to be nice when I play miis, so I'll open by teabagging, then do my 4 specials. After that I teabag again even if the other person started fighting already, and then I start fighting for real.

Top Bottom