• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii fighter versatility

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
from today's pic of the day, quoted from sakurai

"Pic of the day. Some of the physical characteristics of Miis get carried over when you use them as Mii Fighters. The smaller ones become speed fighters and the bigger ones are more akin to power fighters."

this pretty much says, small miis = quick (light weight wouldnt be a bas assumption aswel) while larger miis will be more powerful (it would be a reasonable assumption that they are heavier and have longer range)

since miis have a size bar to choose their size, there will be lots of possible miis (power-wise) and i believe there will be 1 specific point in height/size where the miis have a possibility to become massively OP

any1 else have similar thoughts?

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, it'll probably just be small, medium, and large, kinda like the old school Mario Kart sizings. It's really just another small emphasis on customization, and it won't be broken. Each tick on the height and weight bars won't make a difference for the fighter, probably only significant ranges.

Mostly I just think this because you'd basically have to program new character physics like 400 times for each possible height/weight combination, and that just kinda seems unlikely. So yeah. Mario Kart style.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I really don't think there'll be any specific OP point. Specifically because extreme large and extreme small won't be OP in any way, so why would a sanded-down middle ground?

Last edited:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
There might be some single size that is better than all others, but I don't think it would be that much better.

Top Bottom