• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Fighter that specializes in magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Looking at the three types of Mii Fighters... I realized that there is no Mii Fighter type that specializes in magic-based gameplay. I think a Mii Mage would be as unique and interesting as a Mii Brawler, a Mii Swordfighter, and a Mii Gunner. I mean, there seems to be four main types of fighting game characters... characters who specialize in martial arts... characters who specialize in swordplay... characters who specialize in gunplay... and characters who specialize in magic. Oh, and Miis are capable of using magic in Find Mii so this suggestion has some basis. Maybe for SSB5? Thoughts?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if they added another or two for SSB5 if they bring them back, and then never add another Mii Fighter ever again if they decide to make a SSB6.

Seeing what the Gunner can do so far, it doesn't really fulfill the "magic" role at all. I don't like the magic bullets explanation btw. It's like if someone uses a magic sword, or has magic fists, they classify as a mage.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think it would be cool (and then the fan favorite, everyone loves magic).

The reality is that
Brawler - close combat
Sword - mid range
Gunner - far range

Magic is not a range.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I have thought of Mii Wizard Myself. I'd love it, and It could become a reality through DLC.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I just put this on the general discussion thread! Who knows, maybe we start off with these three and one will be unlockable? probably not but one can dream, and I certainly do wish for it now that I see these classes

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I was pondering the idea that there was a secret Mii style that Sakurai wasn't going to reveal. The first thing that came to mind was Magic but really the gunner is kind of like that already. We would have to know more about the Gunner's movesets and costume available for him.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I was pondering the idea that there was a secret Mii style that Sakurai wasn't going to reveal. The first thing that came to mind was Magic but really the gunner is kind of like that already. We would have to know more about the Gunner's movesets and costume available for him.
I could see a Mage being a lot different, but similar to Zelda

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I could see a Mage being a lot different, but similar to Zelda
That is true. It just when you think of a mage you think of a light character who stays in the background to launch attacks. I like to call them Mana Cannons.

A mage's attacks doesn't have to be purely offensive though. He could have more utility specials like reflect, teleportation, etc...

Other Mii classes I thought of could be...

Armored Mii: The classic slow and heavy Mii that relies on defense. Hopefully with a cool weapon like an ax.
Flying/Floating Mii: One that has a jumping mechanic similar to Kirby or Pit.
Stealth Mii: Mii's that uses ninja/assassin techniques.

Pretty generic but could be useful for making certain characters.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The Swordsman's Final Smash should be the Magic from Find Mii. It could use all types.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Magic could maybe appear as part of one of those three's moveset. Gale Strike kinda seems like magic, no?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What is even the difference between these three types now, I am starting to wonder....

Keeshu

Smash Ace
The Swordsman's Final Smash should be the Magic from Find Mii. It could use all types.
Maybe as a customizable final smash. The gunner already has some multi-laser final smash. So they all have at least 1 unique final Smash.

Well we do have 2 and a half characters going berserk on the enemy with their sword for their final smash (Ike+Link+Tink). Marth is the only sword user so far that does a single hit. Though I have a feeling they'll really surprise us with the Swordfighter's Smash. I just hope it's not a transformation Smash. :bubblebobble:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe as a customizable final smash. The gunner already has some multi-laser final smash. So they all have at least 1 unique final Smash.

Well we do have 2 and a half characters going berserk on the enemy with their sword for their final smash (Ike+Link+Tink). Marth is the only sword user so far that does a single hit. Though I have a feeling they'll really surprise us with the Swordfighter's Smash. I just hope it's not a transformation Smash. :bubblebobble:

Landmaster.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That is true. It just when you think of a mage you think of a light character who stays in the background to launch attacks. I like to call them Mana Cannons.

A mage's attacks doesn't have to be purely offensive though. He could have more utility specials like reflect, teleportation, etc...

Armored Mii: The classic slow and heavy Mii that relies on defense. Hopefully with a cool weapon like an ax.

Don't forget the Mii that has all of Snake's movelist!

Seriously though, Magic Mii would be cool. Just need some Black Mage robes.

Phoenixian_Majesty

Smash Rookie

Just feel like throwing out one more suggestion to make it 8 types then; "Trap Mii: A Mii that specializes more in 4-player matches, setting traps and time release attacks (Alot of snakes none-physical moves could be recycled here)"

Also, Armored Mii would be perfect for a mii with links shield.

Last edited:

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
While I am now sad there isn't a Wizard Mii, seeing as the Sword Weilder's have a side special involving a wind blast, I am curious if they have a magic attack for all of their moves.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I totally support this idea. I love the idea of my avatar being a magic user (as my username implies). Maybe as DLC?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I know I might be the minority here, but I would have rather had 3 Mii varieties that don't already do what other characters do.

I mean, why couldn't we have Mii Musician, Mii Sports, and Mii Party? Or better yet, a Miimic.

Ideally, the best Mii would have been the one you could customize every single move, like Emerl in Sonic Battle.
And since Miis have kinda like their own exclusive modes, it wouldn't have been considered competitively OP either way. :p

Don't know how much development time that would've cost though. Maybe a lot, or maybe not too much.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I mean, why couldn't we have Mii Musician, Mii Sports, and Mii Party?
This... is actually really brilliant.
I can't believe they passed this up!

It is much more in-character with Mii. It well represents the 'Wii' series of games. It makes for better customization: because instead of generic combat-style moves, you can use sports equipment, musical instruments, and various other objects - that would lend much better to the idea of being able to create anyone.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
That is exactly my point, it is no range.
The point of the style now is to give each a specific range area.
Is that an official statement or an assumption? There's more to moveset archetypes than just ranges.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
That is exactly my point, it is no range.
The point of the style now is to give each a specific range area.
Well that's a load of macaroni.

I refuse to believe that until we get an official statement. It honestly feels weird that there isn't a 4th playable mii character since the game supports 4 players. The weirdest thing is that Sakurai wants us to use miis to add anyone we want right? Well what if I want to add Harry Potter, Gandalf, Merlin, or Houdini?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The weirdest thing is that Sakurai wants us to use miis to add anyone we want right? Well what if I want to add Harry Potter, Gandalf, Merlin, or Houdini?
I think there is a lot more lacking than that.
Strange body stances (resting standing positions)
Any non stick build (fat or muscular)
Anything non human (even additional limbs)

In short- the most requested characters- Mewtwo, Ridley, and King K Rool.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I think there is a lot more lacking than that.
Strange body stances (resting standing positions)
Any non stick build (fat or muscular)
Anything non human (even additional limbs)

In short- the most requested characters- Mewtwo, Ridley, and King K Rool.
But we're not talking about those three, are we? We're talking about what the miis represent and how and why they were put in the game. If we wanted to talk about those three we would take it to completely different threads

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The weirdest thing is that Sakurai wants us to use miis to add anyone we want right? Well what if I want to add Harry Potter, Gandalf, Merlin, or Houdini?
No... no it is this thread. Was responding to this comment you made. Obviously the Mii's cannot represent many, many people. I think this is a poor reason to think a magic user is a given.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
No... no it is this thread. Was responding to this comment you made. Obviously the Mii's cannot represent many, many people. I think this is a poor reason to think a magic user is a given.
But miis have always represented human beings, thus the name miis.

And there are many figures that are cosidered magical. Mage is pretty much the biggest troupe ever, second to only swordsman and maybe ranger.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Somebody on miiverse also suggested mii skaters, and it could kind of fit in, though not really. FISTS, BLADES, BLASTERS, MAGES, SKating? And I think it could be cool for default miis to be playable.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Mii announcement video.

"Brawlers fight empty handed and prefer to be up close and personal; Mii Brawlers are both fast and powerful.
Sword fighters are weapon masters, they stay cool and calm as they chase down opponents.
Gunners are armed with mysterious armed cannons. They have lots of different projectiles that can be fired from long range."

Not all about range. Yet.... chase down/stay near, mostly synonyms. I could see it being a mention of three tactics, but it really, REALLY reads to me as being three variances to distance.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I know I might be the minority here, but I would have rather had 3 Mii varieties that don't already do what other characters do.

I mean, why couldn't we have Mii Musician, Mii Sports, and Mii Party? Or better yet, a Miimic.

Ideally, the best Mii would have been the one you could customize every single move, like Emerl in Sonic Battle.
And since Miis have kinda like their own exclusive modes, it wouldn't have been considered competitively OP either way. :p

Don't know how much development time that would've cost though. Maybe a lot, or maybe not too much.
Mii Musician! I want this to happen so badly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom