• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Costumes Opinion Thread

Terry Bogard

Smash Apprentice
I decided to make this thread after realizing that, alongside Sora, there's a new Doom Slayer costume in the game for Miis, and I think I know why he is just a costume. Doom Slayer, regarding Smash, reminds me of characters like Ashley and Shantae. On the surface, that sounds crazy. Am I really gonna compare a super soldier to a cartoon witch and genie? No, but these three characters (and some others) have three things in common. They're all Mii Fighters and they all have some large fandoms, but I've also met people that absolutely hate these characters. Of special note is Sans, who I've noticed everyone really liked, really hated, or somewhere in between.

I guess that makes Mii Costumes a middle ground. It's saying "this character is in the game" but with an asterisk. Personally, I don't think costumes equal characters, even when they come with a music track.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I decided to make this thread after realizing that, alongside Sora, there's a new Doom Slayer costume in the game for Miis, and I think I know why he is just a costume. Doom Slayer, regarding Smash, reminds me of characters like Ashley and Shantae. On the surface, that sounds crazy. Am I really gonna compare a super soldier to a cartoon witch and genie? No, but these three characters (and some others) have three things in common. They're all Mii Fighters and they all have some large fandoms, but I've also met people that absolutely hate these characters. Of special note is Sans, who I've noticed everyone really liked, really hated, or somewhere in between.

I guess that makes Mii Costumes a middle ground. It's saying "this character is in the game" but with an asterisk. Personally, I don't think costumes equal characters, even when they come with a music track.
It definitly depends how much the character can do aside from the mii abilitys! Lets say we get The kid from i wanna be the guy! he can only shoot so him being a mii wouldnt be worse than him being a full char!
When it comes to sans the problem with him is he is a bad represantion for Undertale/ deltarune! everyone who actually played undertale loves him (and lets be honest people who dont know a char dont really have the right to hate them) but he only fights in one route! The genocide route that leads to the Worst ending and he also would be pretty boring because he only fights with bones and gaster blasters while the human (the main character) would be more interesting cause of his Mercy/Fight gimmick and even if main chars dont fit Flowey Undertales villain would probably also be more interesting than sans!
On top of that him fighting in smash would be heavily out of character!

Top Bottom