• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Brawler Matchup

FryingPan

Smash Rookie
So I got bopped by Keitaro's mii brawler in quarterfinals of a tourney this past Thursday. It was the first time I played a legit brawler and I realized I really have no insight on this matchup.

Ness' slow sprint speed and somewhat predictable landing options really become more apparent to me.

Does anyone have info or experience playing a mii brawler in tournament?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
You will win if you don't get grabbed and don't hang out near the edge of the stage. Basically, don't do unsafe **** on shield. If you do get grabbed, DI up and behind and he shouldn't be able to follow up with a helicopter kick or fair. If it's a small mii, mash air dodge, and if it's a default mii mash jump.

T0MMY

Smash Master
If you are playing aggro/high risk then the amount of punish you receive will destroy you in this matchup because Brawler can punish with a lot of options that can lead into low-damage KO's or just rack up plenty of damage.
I am going to guess this is less about your knowledge about the matchup and more about your style of play. If this guess is correct then you have what many consider to be a much more difficult area of skill to develop because it involves changing your psychological patterns, habits, pre-suppositions, and other integral aspects of your psyche that don't just build your Smash skills but are basic blocks of your entire way of mental life.

Are you a rather jump-to-it type of personality in life? Do you like to get started rather than plan things through? Are you more impulsive about things rather than contemplative? Are you easier to engage in contacting people or leading a conversation? Would you say you are more confrontational about what others say/do?
If you are thinking more "yes" to these questions than not, you are probably an aggro play style and you will continually get destroyed by cognitive players who react and punish you when they learn your patterns.

If not, then it'd be best if you linked us to some videos of you playing this matchup so we can see what is going on.

FryingPan

Smash Rookie
If not, then it'd be best if you linked us to some videos of you playing this matchup so we can see what is going on.
I'm not quite sure how I'd answer most of these questions. I will
however give you a link to the match that I mention in the original post.

It starts at around 2:19:50 http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash/v/5554823

Keep in mind, I'm not a high level player what so ever. Of course Keitaro is so I'm not surprised that I lost so badly but this isn't the first time I've been beaten handily by a Mii Brawler. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom