• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Brawler 1.0.6 Patch Discussion

Foie

Smash Apprentice
I noticed there wasn't a thread regarding changes to Mii Brawler after the patch, so thought I'd create one with information known and start a discussion on how they affect gameplay.

Confirmed changes (from Esquire and Thinkaman in the official patch thread):

For Short/Thin Mii Brawler.

FAir: 9% -> 7% (nerf) (knockback reduction?)
BAir: 11% -> 9% (nerf)
Piston Punch: one inch punch knockback heavily reduced, otherwise the same

Additional info for Default size base Mii Brawler stats:

Fair:
4%+6% -> 3%+5%

Bair:
12% -> 10%

The main thing that I believe warrants discussion is the changes to FAir and BAir. Particularly FAir, as it is bread and butter for kill combos into UpSpecial. Have you guys noticed changes in hitstun or knockback that changes viability of these combos? I plan to do some testing soon and will come back with my impressions.

hakaithesamurai

Smash Cadet
NNID
hakai009
3DS FC
3969-5099-6833
I have not noticed much besides the percent nerf. I think they are still quite effective imo

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
There haven't been any noticeable knockback changes with F-Air or B-Air from what I've seen. Just damage %'s. This doesn't really hurt Mii Brawler since they still have their potent kill moves in tact (minus One Inch Punch, but that thing was ridiculous)

Foie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I haven't noticed and knockback changes either, the lower damage isn't even that bad of a nerf because damage isn't really what brawler goes for.

Could the regular ledge getup have changed? I wasn't bery familiar with it pre-patch but it seems somewhat slow.

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
Yeah I haven't noticed and knockback changes either, the lower damage isn't even that bad of a nerf because damage isn't really what brawler goes for.

Could the regular ledge getup have changed? I wasn't bery familiar with it pre-patch but it seems somewhat slow.
Ledge getup is normal, I don't see much of a difference for Mii Brawler, unless there's data in there that we do not know about.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Just thought I'd raise the question, has Ultimate Uppercut's super armour been reduced/removed? I'm getting a lot of instances where attacks are taking priority over it.

Top Bottom