• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mighty No. 9 - Coming in 2015 (PC/Mac/Linux/Wii U/PS3/360)!

D

Deleted member

I'm going to update this thread with information in regards to the game, but for now, here's the thread for the upcoming Mighty No. 9! Discuss anything and everything in regards to the game here.

If anyone wants to donate to funding Mighty No. 9, take a look here. Many cool rewards are available. Currently at $2,298,123 so far.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Yep, saw it already, it's currently the second place I get into after the SSB4 web when I turn on my PC.

Damn the WiiU version will really be handy as hell, with the gamepad as the select weapon screen with just one touch. This game looks promising, can't wait to know more about it.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they can reach the stretch goals. I don't care about PS4 or Xbox One version, but I would really want to see the challenge mode as well as a final level + boss. If they can get the Co-Op mode too, it will be an awesome game. Still I have to say that I expect they can reach challenge mode and the extra end stage + boss, but I worry about the Co-Op mode as the kickstarter campaign runs out of time more or less.
What I like about Mighty No.9 is the fact that they are including the backers in the development. You get so many interesting infos from the kickstarter updates and there are also things planned how to handle after the kickstarter campaign.

The IP looks great, even if there are many Megaman similarities, Mighty No.9 seems to be a different experience, as the fact that Becks whole body will transform, opens more ways to create stages. You won't just change your weapon, you will have to transform. This is one thing I'm really looking forward to. I also appreciate the fact that Mighty No.9 will have many modes.
The only thing you could criticize would be the fact that the game will only have 9 stages(if the extra end stage stretch goal is reached), because compared to other Jump'n'Runs, 9 stages aren't that many. As long as the 9 stages are very well designed and the boss battles as well as the the stages are very different one from another, I'm fine with 9 stages. The challenge mode will be a good motivation to continue playing. Also, if the music is as catchy as the main theme, the game as a whole will be great.
The Co-Op mode would be the perfect round-up for Mighty No.9, but it gets more and more unlikely that we will get this mode.

I also appreciate the whole fanart about Mighty No.9. It's unbelievable: there are so many great artists making great fanart.

I'm already excited about this game and I can't wait to see the first trailer featuring gameplay elements.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm actually confident that we'll hit the next gen console stretch goal. We have plenty of time along with that final boost.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually confident that we'll hit the next gen console stretch goal. We have plenty of time along with that final boost.

Doubt it IMO. They hit 1.5m in the first 3 days, 2m 10 days ago. I think at this point I'd be surprised if we hit the Beck & Call co-op.

Also doesn't anybody else find it weird we hit this much money yet only 6 people gave more than $10,000?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
As long as we reach the Beck and Call Challenge mode I will be completely satisfied. With over a week to go I think we can pull it off. I'm sure the secret goals are crazy but just getting this far with a fully decked out game with replay value for consoles is more than enough for me.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
People are gonna start giving money like mad when it nears the end. The last minute hype to see how high it can get is going to be big.

Who knows how far it can get, but I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches the PS4 goal.

Honestly, I'm just happy to see that it made it onto the current gen consoles + Wii U, and can't wait to see the final product.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that this game is going to be on the Wii U. I'll definitely buy it when it does get released! I just hope that they can reach their other stretch goals.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
People are gonna start giving money like mad when it nears the end. The last minute hype to see how high it can get is going to be big.

Who knows how far it can get, but I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches the PS4 goal.

Honestly, I'm just happy to see that it made it onto the current gen consoles + Wii U, and can't wait to see the final product.
My biggest worry is that the majority of people are content with the current platforms, so a good portion won't bother donating anymore after being satisfied. That's the biggest concern for it to not make that stretch goal. If it doesn't make it, I'm pretty confident it'll eventually go on XBone and PS4 though, just not on launch.

Now if that stretch goal was swapped and had something like level design or the co-op goal, it'd push more people.
I want to know what that last stretch goal is though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm happy with the current consoles it's on

However, I would like it to at least reach the $3,100,000 stretch goal for the summon partner

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm glad that this game was able to meet so many of it's stretch goals. Though I'm a bit dissapointed that the 3DS and Vita stretch goals are so down the line. Still looking forward to purchasing this once it comes out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I think at this point I'd be surprised if we hit the Beck & Call co-op.
Be surprised!

Very happy that we managed to reach the coop mode. It was the stretch goal I was looking forward to the most, and I was honestly worried that we might not reach it by the deadline.

Also, voting for the Call designs has started. Most of the original designs have seemingly been scrapped, leaving only the Roll lookalike behind. The scrapped ones have been replaced with a bunch of newer concepts. A bit of a shame, since I liked the original concept designs, but I can live with these.

I voted for B, personally, but E is also pretty cool.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I voted for E

I don't like the dorky girl cliche or whatever

E reminds me of a old school military thing for some reason

Edit: From the comments it looks as if most people are voting for "I"

That irks me some because she looks like she's about to cry in the pictures. I imagine someone like that to be useless to a combat robot'

I take that back, "F" is probably going to win. People are voting for it because it's the only remaining of the original designs

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Voted for E, but I want F to win once they reach the top 3 voting period.

They mentioned Call not having human-like characteristics unlike Beck. So if that really means she won't have tons of emotion, that's a strike on E. Plus F is the best when you consider co-op. She really fits and complements things.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
E looks kinda cool. I agree with Psycho on this one, it has a military vibe to it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
They mentioned Call not having human-like characteristics unlike Beck. So if that really means she won't have tons of emotion, that's a strike on E.

Not necessarily. She could still fake human like characteristics even without really having them. It was a little too vague.

Besides, to me, it would kind of be disappointing,( no matter what the design), if we ended up having a emotionless, monotoned, companion. :/

Anyway, I do want E to win.

I won't be mad if F wins though.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah. I'm not saying that's how it's going to be. "So if that really means" was just saying if that interpretation ends up true.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks like Mighty No 9 isn't going to make the 3,500,000 mark and they decided that paypal ISN'T going to extend past the kickstarter

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Looks like Mighty No 9 isn't going to make the 3,500,000 mark and they decided that paypal ISN'T going to extend past the kickstarter
The latter is a given, but why the former? I wouldn't be so sure.

And again, if it doesn't make it to the handheld goal, I'm expecting it will get ported eventually.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Final day guys. Back this kickstarter if you haven't. Next gen goal reached and handheld goal is on its way.

I've been expecting it to reach the 3.7 mil or so, and we might just reach it.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Man, Megaman fans are insane, hard to believe Capcom would have ever wanted to avoid the franchise.

I'd love it if they could reach 3.8 mil, a optional chiptune soundtrack would be really nice.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
Doubt it IMO. They hit 1.5m in the first 3 days, 2m 10 days ago. I think at this point I'd be surprised if we hit the Beck & Call co-op.

Also doesn't anybody else find it weird we hit this much money yet only 6 people gave more than $10,000?

I, for one, am glad to be wrong. But in my defense I didn't know they were ever going to announce a Vita/3DS stretch goal/famous MM composer/somehow they never had paypal update in the last 3 days. Most of which, I am grateful for since I'd rather have this game on the go.

And I guess I owe Paremson $100 (yeah right).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think the physical versions helped too. More incentive for backers to donate even more.

So looks like it's going to go way over than what I predicted. Expected to hit 3.7 mil and we already reached the goal with time left.
I'm expecting the numbers to shoot up during the stream.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Around $40k until $4mil

and only a half hour to go

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When they counted down, I felt a huge pain in my wallet

Minato

穏やかじゃない
What a fun ride. As expected, another Kickstarter with a huge spike towards the end.

Wish I could've donated lots more than I did, but I did what I could.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Dude, 4 Million dollars... Capcom must be kicking themselves for Keiji's pull on the community.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Hell yeah! Turning on chiptunes right away.

It's going to be a long wait though.

Top Bottom