• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midscreen infinite (proof of concept kinda)

OverlordZelos

Smash Rookie
So this is only a proof of concept and there is no video so im going to try to type it out as best i can.

This infinite is a midscreen handoff infinite abusing the nana throw imput glitch a.k.a the 1 frame glitch. For those who don't know about it, it is a glitch where there is a specific frame where after Nana grabs(I don't know what frame I just go by feel) where you can input a direction/pummel and Nana will throw in that direction/pummel. The main reason why most think abusing this glitch which is basically a 1-frame link is hard/impossible is because the down throw handoff timings are "different across the cast"(not really it goes by weight groups) but the Nana throw input is generally always the same because you input it after the grab regardless of when the timing of the grab itself was, so putting the timing of Nana's throw input can be built into muscle memory if you focus on it. However this infinite is still much harder then the 3.5 one (how we miss the so 3.5 handoffs https://gfycat.com/IncompatibleWhiteAfricangroundhornbill ) If you plan on taking a stock 0-death from one grab you will half to earn it.

If this truly works then we will have three infinites the others being
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJgfNWJq-I
http://smashboards.com/threads/ledge-infinite.432179/

The combo is (popo f-throw> Set up an nannequin> nana f-throw> dash grab> pummel> popo d-throw> nana b-throw> popo regrab> pummel) it does 39% when everything is fresh, it stales moderately and only requires two 1 frame links.

I designed this to be the easiest it can be and to be effective in the long run.

So let's go through this step by step

1. You get the grab then with Popo(duh) then you f-throw pretty much self explainatory

2. Setting up a nannequin from f-throw very easy. A nannequin is what happens when Nana grabs someone when outside the Nana box(Popo's proximity) she just stands there like a mannequin holding them until they grab release. you want to set up the nannequin so Nana is about a dash distance away from you(including the little slide when you stop moving)

Example If you dont know what a nannequin set up looks like: from 1:55 to 1:58
https://youtu.be/9wG9Hi0hm-A?t=1m55s

3. Next is making Nana throw back to you. Learning the timings for this one is fairly easy and consistant with practice, lucky for us F-throw doesn't change with weight so the handoff timing is the same across the cast which also makes the Nana throw input timing easier to learn and build into muscle memory. WARNING frame drops makes doing the 1 frame link pretty much impossible so practice with a stable frame rate of 60 fps. There is also the chance you perfect frame the handoff and Nana will throw back to you without the 1 frame input, this seems harder to do (for me atleast).

Example is in the same video at 2:35 to 2:36

4. Getting the dash grab is easy just get a feel for when Popo's f-throw endlag ends and dash grab but dont dash grab immediately dash forward abit before getting the dash grab. You want to get the dash grab and slide next to Nana.

5. Pummel as soon as you get the grab. The pummel is for two reasons the first being stale move negation the second being the dash grab slides you just short of being next to Nana, the pummel gives Nana a time to repostion herself next to you and after the pummel immediately down throw.

6. The Popo down throw step sounds self explanatory but there is a little more to it. During the d-throw move Nana foward by about half a step so she can regrab this is very important this is so when nana b-throws you can get the regrab. If you played brawl it should look like a standard popo d-throw to Nana b-throw handoff. And the faster the d-throw the faster you need to get nana in position.

7. Nana back throw step is self explainatory, Regrab with Nana use the Nana throw input, Nana b-throws then you regrab with Popo and pummel as soon as you get the regrab

Example: Steps 6 and 7 should look like this From 00:52 to 00:55 https://youtu.be/xLsijzdQSIc?t=52s

8. Finally step 8 pummel for the same reasons as step 5, stale move negation and so nana can repostion herself from there go just rinse and repeat.

Some notes: I greatly recommend you practice using Olimar as a test dummy because he is an easy weight class to work on your handoffs and easier handoffs give you time to work on getting the nana throw input right this makes moving to other weight classes easier. Also very important is his size, Olimar being so small forces you to space the distance of the nannequin set-up correctly and that will build into your muscle memory to.

I haven't fully tested this but i can get atleast 2 reps of it with only some practice which is decent cause im mostly focusing and playing on ssb4 right now(gotta work on those fundamentals ya know). Well I hope this breaths some life back into the ice climber boards even if only for an infinite I mean we are ice climbers players we should have aleast one proper infinite. As it was our DESTINY to be top tier*looks up at the stars*.

*looks back at you* Oh and as always this doesn't work on jigglypuff gl'hf

Last edited:

OverlordZelos

Smash Rookie
Where can I find a tutorial for the 1-frame glitch? Or is it really just an RNG thing?
Its not RNG it is basically the same as a 1-frame link in street fighter 4 which people including myself USED to do all the time(yay sfv), it just takes practice. As of right now there is no tutorial for it and I don't have the recording equipment to make it. But the imput is as soon as nana gets the grab for now unless someone finds the specific frame for it you will have to go by feel. It feels as if the input is slightly before or during the flash of light when nana grabs.

I might buy fraps or something(recomendations??) to record my screen so I can show what a rep physically looks like. Don't worry once you get the glitch to work the first time it will all build into muslce memory from there as you start to get a feel for it and focus on it, it will start to feel less like RNG and once you can do it consistently you will know that you just messed up if you didn't get it

ilysm

sleepy
OBS is a pretty decent quality screen recording/streaming program, and it's free. I would love to see a recording, as I'm not sure I understand the instructions you have here very well and can't picture what a rep would look like.

OverlordZelos

Smash Rookie
I'm alittle busy irl right now but when i get time ill record the vid most likly this weekend

Top Bottom