• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midair momentum pivot involving B moves - Update

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
The purpose of the technique is to increase the range of your B moves since it uses your momentum to send you forward.

In theory you could just jump forward and use the B move, but this completely destroys your spacing, with this technique you can keep distance from the enemy, while buffing your B moves.

In particular with ZSS paralyzer, she can charge it while jumping away so that when she pivots its nearly fully charged and it gains range from the momentum.

In my opinion this is the most useful technique that has been found in brawl.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Pink Reaper - It's obviously not just directional influence. Look carefully at the video again and you'll see what I mean. The characters' motion paths are changing much more rapidly than normal.

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
SamuraiPanda has a thread about this in the tactical discussions forums except to do it he switched the c-stick to do specials
i suggest checking it out

Sirami

Smash Cadet
It's not just a reverse B. Look at Lucario in the video at around :15. He runs forward, jumps forward, does a forward B but suddenly shifts his momentum backwards. That's the main point of the video.
Does it always shift momentum like that?

You do it by hitting B, then moving the stick the other direction immediately, right?

Top Bottom