• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mi video!!!

pesticide

Smash Lord
try not to grab as much or at least attempt grabs when u have a good chance of connecting (ex: when ur opponent misses an attack)

pretty good though. you seem to play a lot like i do

edit: good use of olimar's pikmin chain to attack.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
Your timing for grabs is horrible.
Your D-smash too. You just need to slow it down a little from what I saw. Every time you moved in for a D-smash or grab he spot dodged. If you notice this happening a lot, just wait a second longer to try and grab than you normally do. You will probably catch him off guard doing this as well. Also , I noticed that when you did grab him at higher percents you did not get any grab hits in. Doesn't ever hurt to get a few extra hits in when you can.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Your timing for grabs is horrible.
Let's be a bit optimistic, eh?

A good effort! Not a bad fight against the Italian Stallion!

I'll cut straight to the chase. Yes, what Jarri said was true: Your timing for grabs..could be better.

There are a lot of things which needs to be improved on, but I believe your main weakness was your...predictability.

You need to play the game with more variety. Use more moves, instead of just D-Smashing and F-Smashing.
You won this game, but if you're up against a smart and cunning opponent, you're in big trouble.

You also need to think about how many projectiles your opponent has.
Mario only has a fireball projectile which is affected by gravity. Olimar has one of the most damaging projectiles in the game, and can throw up to six. You gotta throw more Pikmin, buddy! What can he do? He can't just stand there and let Pikmin chip away at him! He has no option but to come at you!
Now you meet him head-on and grab him. D-Throw and F-Air, not D-Throw and Up-B.
D-Throw+F-Air will do more damage than D-Throw+Up-B.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
Let's be a bit optimistic, eh?

You gotta throw more Pikmin, buddy! What can he do?
Knew I forgot to say something. There were plenty of opportunities where Mario was approaching that you had time to throw a Pikmin or two. Also there where a few times when you knocked him into the air and then just jumped away from him. Throw some Pikmin on him then after he shakes it punish him. As OlimarFan said, you are very predictable. Your close game relies to heavily on D-smash. Mix it up a bit with a Ftilt or a SHFair. Becoming less predictable will make you a much better player.

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
thanks for the feed back guys...i dont own the game..and i dont even have a wii...but when i play i try to do my best... but yea..d-throw + fair..dont always work if u watch i tryed that but i miss alot vs. mario and some other chars... plus i can chain that combo...d-throw+up-b+d-throw+up-b...i been tryin that 1 alot more....but ill post more and see whats up...thanks guys

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, maybe I was a bit too harsh. Anyway, you got the point, I think :p. Keep up the good work!

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Lots of us still do. I suggest you read through some Advanced Tech topics and watch some vids of good players, that's where I get some of my ideas from.

Top Bottom