• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's, where do you throw FCSB?

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Mewtwo's Shadow Ball is one of Mewtwo's most important tools and is probably one of the best projectiles in the game. But where do you throw it?

Obviously, you can't just throw it when you're a fair distance away from them.
So how can you get a Fully charged Shadow Ball to easily hit.

I've worked up a few weird mixups that I can do.

-Jab>Dtilt>FCSB
Nair>FCSB
Fair>SB
Fthrow>Jump>FCSB

Obviously none of these don't true combo.
So, I'm asking you Mewtwo mains:
What are some other ways to get a FCSB to hit?
Thanks! ^-^

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, there's the obvious "wait 'till they commit or whiff at a relative distance" strategy, as well as catching landings. It's particularly good at beating out weaker projectiles.

Using it point-blank can be very potent as long as you mind the startup, since even if it gets blocked it causes a lot of shield damage, and with it's low endlag they'll have to move quickly to avoid the followup that'll break it.

Finally, if you just can't find an opportunity to land it or you feel it's too risky to use (like against G&W's Oil Panic), you can throw it the other way in the air to hurl yourself at the enemy. Works better than it sounds, again due to low endlag, but don't use it too much obviously.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Ay I use these too! Neat
Other times I use it
Read air dodge off stage
Punishing from far away (when theyre at 0-10) then follow up
down throw SB

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
I start by punishing with it, then change up when I use it to create a constant, lingering sense of fear in my opponent.

I mean, if they're not Sheik, anyway.

Browny

Smash Hater
Use FCSB in the following situations to almost guarantee that it hits

Beat out an aerial approach with it (including the likes of sheik fair and zss nair)
Throw it as soon as an enemy throws a weak projectile so it rips through it and hits them (like fireballs, thunderjolt, turnips)
Wait for the enemy to double jump and throw it so that it is right underneath them when they land.

Attempting to hit the enemy at almost any other time is too difficult as is a waste of the full charge. You will have many opportunities in a match to hit it in either of the above 3 situations, so wait for one of those to present itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom