• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's "Up Tilt Combo"

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Hello there.
A few minutes ago I was messing around in training mode and I found something weird about up tilt.
With the part of the move that deals the least knockback, you can actually chain them from jab nto up tilt for a long time on some characters. This also works like Jab to up tilt to Jab to up tilt to Jab to up tilt and so on.

I've tested this out on all characters. Here are my results.
The colors in this chart will indicate some things. I'm not sure if it is all right, but I hope it is!

Dark Red: Mewtwo will be unable to use this setup on this character because they are sent too high or too far by the up tilt.
Red: Mewtwo has the ability to do it, but it's possible to shield due to the character's fall speed.
Pink: The combo has the ability to convert into a kill, but it is still shield able due to the character's fall speed.
Orange: The combo is awkward to pull off due to something.
Green: This works on the enemy and is usually guaranteed, but there may be still ways to escape.
Blue: It works and is 100% guaranteed.
Light Blue: It works, it's 100% guaranteed, and it can convert into a kill. Awesome! Use Disable when they're at the right percent if the combo is true and can convert into a Disable like this. I'm not saying this setup will guaranteed kill, but it's likely.

:4mario: 0-34%
:4luigi:Unable
:4peach: Unable
:4bowser: 0-51%
:4yoshi: Unable
:4bowserjr:
0-48%
:4wario:0-61%
:4gaw:0-17%
:4dk:
Unable
:4diddy:Diddy Kong is quite weird. After Jab > up tilt twice, your jab will miss. To counter this, use up tilt twice. This will make Diddy Kong go behind you. Turn around and continue and do another up tilt. There's more to this, but since this is kind of just on Diddy Kong, it's better not to try out or practice the strict instructions. Instead, do Jab-up tilt-Jab-up tilt-down tilt-neutral air- forward air/back air instead. It still deals a very respectable amount of damage.
:4link:0-68%
:4zelda:0-18%
:4sheik:
Unable
:4ganondorf:Unable
:4tlink:
0-18%
:4samus:Unable
:4zss:0-77%
:4pit::4darkpit: 0-26%
:4palutena:
Unable
:4marth:0-37%
:4myfriends:0-27%
:4robinm: 0-34%
:4kirby:
0-18%
:4dedede:Unable
:4metaknight:0-77%
:4littlemac:0-34%
:4fox:0-85%
:4falco:0-18%
:4pikachu:0-61%
:4charizard:
Sometimes the up tilt sends him away, and sometimes it sends him up. It works from around 0-25% if you're lucky. However, you have to be extremely close to Charizard. So close that the combo is basically useless. Didn't do much to him anyway.
:4lucario:0-51%
:4jigglypuff:Unable. Did you really think this would work anyways?
:4greninja:0-93%
:4duckhunt:0-34%
:4rob:Unable
:4ness:0-26%
:4falcon:0-93%
:4villager:0-27%
:4olimar:0-17%
:4wiifit:0-18%
:4drmario:0-34%
:4lucina:0-17%
:4shulk:
0-34%
:4pacman:Unable
:4megaman: 0-78%
:4sonic:0-34%
:4mewtwo:0-25%
:4lucas:0-44%
:4feroy:
0-94%
:4ryu:0-76%

Phew! That took a while. Keep in mind that I have not completed the Mii Fighters yet due to their customization, and I have not properly checked to see if all these are right. If you notice something that's not right, please notify me and I will change it.

One great thing about this combo is that it's easy to pull off and it's quite effective against some characters. Hope you like it.

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Nice thats interesting to read. The subject is similiar in a way to the thread i made about Jab > w Utilt > Usmash but that was focused on the high percent KO aspect so i never took time to notate which characters Jab and weak uptilt can loop on while testing.

Nice work!

Last edited:

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
I could have sworn I did this ages ago on Sheik in training. It was jab to up tilt, up tilt, up tilt etc. She kept being pulled in toward Mewtwo instead of being pushed out. I never knew whether it was guaranteed or not obviously, as I had no one else to test it and assumed it wasn't anyway. I'm guessing she can shield it.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I could have sworn I did this ages ago on Sheik in training. It was jab to up tilt, up tilt, up tilt etc. She kept being pulled in toward Mewtwo instead of being pushed out. I never knew whether it was guaranteed or not obviously, as I had no one else to test it and assumed it wasn't anyway. I'm guessing she can shield it.
Could be ona few characters.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Is it okay if I post a link to this in the Guide and Metagame threads?
I highly doubt all of this information is correct. I have no person to actually try this on. CPUs are too inhumane, and I would have to work for the jab.

If you would like... we could share friend codes and work together to correct a lot of this.

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
420quickscoper 420quickscoper Did you test all of this with different types of DI or was it just against a CPU? It looks pretty accurate but just wondering.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
420quickscoper 420quickscoper Did you test all of this with different types of DI or was it just against a CPU? It looks pretty accurate but just wondering.
I didn't test it with DI. I need a lot more to do. I believe a lot of this information is incorrect for right now. It should probably be inescapable on some characters for a wide amount of percent. I've tried it on Bowser and it seems true but I haven't seen people try using DI. So I'll have to figure this all out.

It will probably not be a true combo on many characters but I think that it could serve some usage in some matchups.

Also, Jab-utilt strings by themselves and not the whole combo is good enough already, isn't it? After either jab or up tilt you can basically follow up with down tilts and disables. Cool stuff. I'm gonna check out more of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom