• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's Unused Custom Moves Discovered

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
Customs are dumb as hell anyway and Evo sucks for making them a thing.

GigaAkais

Smash Rookie
NNID
LieutenantLakitu
With the release of Mewtwo to those who registered both copies of the game today, many were surprised and disappointed when they found Mewtwo had no customs moves in any way. Youtuber Mankalor however with a clever trick has been able to find a way to look at the custom moves that may have been without the use of hacks. This involves an exploit using Miis transferred to the 3DS. There is currently no method to try this on the Wii U however. Check out the video to learn more!

SmashCapps finds this all fascinating. Follow him on Twitter to discuss everything Mewtwo and the recent patch.
I like video games

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
I can actually confirm that this method worked for every character (except Miis itself). If you have hacked miis, then you can use this method to any character and it'll make the character insanely powerful.

64tamiat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Superbad2007
With the release of Mewtwo to those who registered both copies of the game today, many were surprised and disappointed when they found Mewtwo had no customs moves in any way. Youtuber Mankalor however with a clever trick has been able to find a way to look at the custom moves that may have been without the use of hacks. This involves an exploit using Miis transferred to the 3DS. There is currently no method to try this on the Wii U however. Check out the video to learn more!

SmashCapps finds this all fascinating. Follow him on Twitter to discuss everything Mewtwo and the recent patch.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
...Why in the world would they make us update the game again in two weeks when they could of given it to us now? I seriously doubt that his custom moves aren't finished, they're just never going to exist.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
all the new dlc characters dont have customs for a reason.
Yeah, that reason is they aren't finished yet. I don't think we should take an opinion from someone that made fun of someone with aspergers for no reason and probably uses 4chan often.

Smash 4 isn't going anywhere, and I'm sure Mewtwo will get customs eventually.

Last edited:

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Here are some customs I would give to Mewtwo if I could:
Neutral Custom 1: Psychic
Shoots a wave of psychic projectiles out in front of him in a medium range, catching opponents, and does little damage but hits a bunch of times. It can be charged up to last longer.

Neutral Custom 2: Swift
Shoots out 5 stars in front of him, all in different directions. They travel fast but don't have very far range. You can charge it to increase the range though.

Down Custom 1: Scary Face
Instead of making the enemy dizzy, it makes them go in slow motion, like the Timer items effect. Since it slows down their knockback as well, you can get a lot of damage in, at the cost of them still possibly attacking.

Down Custom 2: Future Sight
When it hits, then the fighter will have a dark aura around them, getting dark and darker. After 5 seconds, it will attack that player and sending them flying with lots of damage. It's easy to guard though, since you know when it's happening. But it can also be good, for times where it forces the enemy to be hit, like when they are trying to recover or be hit.

Side Custom 1: Miracle Eye
When it catches projectiles, the damage they would have dealt instead heals Mewtwo. When it catches a fighter, it takes a few damage away from them and heals Mewtwo with that bit of damage.

Side Custom 2: Psycho Cut
Shoots out a cutting projectile that will destroy other projectiles at a far range. If it hits a fighter, then they will be knocked back slightly without taking any damage, like a smaller version of his regular Confusion when it hits enemies.

Up Special 1: Gravity
It will change Mewtwo's gravity so that he flies upward, with being able to perform attacks while flying. When Mewtwo stops and his gravity is normal, he is in a helpless state.

Up Special 2: Zen Headbutt
Charges up psychic power in his head, and launches himself straight up. It has A LOT of knockback if it connects, so it is a good kill move.

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
Some one in the comments said they were able to pull it off in the Wii U version.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Some one in the comments said they were able to pull it off in the Wii U version.
I even made a replay of it. Unfortunately, I resetted the game later and the glitch stopped working. I still don't know what exactly triggered it on the Wii U version.

If anyone else found the method, please let us know. It was fun messing around with the glitches

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Well ain't that nice.

Either way, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE E SHOP AVAILABLE IN LATIN AMERICA, NINTENDO!? FOR ****'S SAKE.
You guys really have no eShop at all? wow
It's more of Latin America Nintendo's problem being lazy rather than Nintendo as a whole itself btw

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Hey, the glitch works online on the 3DS version! but it requires timing and not customization viewing. Select the Mii with the customs (and maybe equipment) you want Mewtwo to have and before the actual mii shows up in the fighter panel, back out and select Mewtwo and random! (This does require customizations on and you back out on the frame the default mii fighter appears (Mii Gunner, Mii Fighter, or Mii Brawler depending on the mii you chose) )! Then you can go ahead and do random Mewtwo she"nana"gins with your friends! Don't think it works on the WII U version tho, so no pranking twitch users streaming Smash WII U :<

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
NoJ has announced 1.0.7, and it will fix the problems with using Mewtwo in the solo modes.

It does not say anything about giving Mewtwo custom moves. Or fixing what we have now for that matter.

Top Bottom