• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's recovery potential is incredibly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
If this doesn't warrant its own thread, just move it or close it, or whatever.

As Mewtwo is falling from a jump, his Side B gives him a slight vertical boost that doesn't seem to inhibit his speed at all. Effectively, this gives Mewtwo another midair jump. This can be used once hit stun wears off from an attack that knocks him off stage, still leaving him with his regular midair jump as well as his recovery; otherwise, you can use it after his main midair jump in case you need just a little bit more distance and don't feel the need to recover normally. There's also the added bonus of its projectile reflection and character dunking if the timing and circumstances are right -- be warned that the latter will kill his momentum. I'm not sure if this was ever a thing in Melee, but it's definitely something that you can use now to possibly come back from a hit that you may not have been able to otherwise... In theory, at least.

It's a small detail, but hopefully this neat little tidbit is helpful to anybody that hopes to pick up the character and use him as a main or secondary.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
yeah his recovery sure can cover distance, but my god i havent cursed this much over an up b for a looong time, idk if its just me, but that goddamn teleport doesnt teleport where i want it to, haha!

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
yeah his recovery sure can cover distance, but my god i havent cursed this much over an up b for a looong time, idk if its just me, but that goddamn teleport doesnt teleport where i want it to, haha!
Ha that's how I feel with Zelda.

If his recovery is harder to control than hers then I dunno what I'm gonna do because there aren't any tour guides in SD City if you know what I mean.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Mewtwo's double jump is a thing of beauty. Egads. I sure did miss it!

I noticed the Confusion "hop" as well. Glad that came back.

AERIAL Shadow Ball has reciol (not grounded), so you can launch it backwards to recover in addition to all the other options.

I think Mewtwo still has one of the best recoveries in the game. Hard to beat Villager and ROB, but it's up there.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Its gonna be nice to see what some good mewtwo players will be able to do with this character, I play mainly falcon - and my playstyle does NOT transition nicely into mewtwo haha, but he got some really funny tools to play around with, side b to Dsmash allready feels goooooooooooood!

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Mewtwo's double jump is a thing of beauty. Egads. I sure did miss it!

I noticed the Confusion "hop" as well. Glad that came back.

AERIAL Shadow Ball has reciol (not grounded), so you can launch it backwards to recover in addition to all the other options.

I think Mewtwo still has one of the best recoveries in the game. Hard to beat Villager and ROB, but it's up there.
As far as I can tell Shadow Ball has recoil on the ground, but of course not nearly as immense as in the air.

I really love Mewtwo's recovery options, it's got so many tricks to pull with that.

Mewtwo feels nice but I don't know about it being a good character. Guess I'll have to see what people figure out with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom