• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's OTHER Insane Footstool Combo (Does 58%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conradical

Smash Cadet
NNID
alphamenter
So i was playing online and noticed that you can combo a footstool out of Mewtwo's fair. After trying for an hour or so, I optimized the combo as much as I could, and it looks like it could be a real threat. there are two variations: one that finishes with up-smash, and the other which finishes with two fairs. The first one is easier to pull off and more consistent, but the second one does more damage. You start with a Dtilt, then you Fair, and footstool. The opponent can DI this, but if your reaction speed is fast, you should be able to follow up with a Dair. This will pop up the opponent perfectly so that you can follow up with an Up-smash. This is also DI-able, but i was able to react and jump cancel Up-smash most of the time. This will do 48%. Another option instead of Up-smashing is to follow up with a Fair, then DJ, and then Fair again. Without too much testing i can say that the second Fair is a 50-50, but is guaranteed if you read their option. You can see the video showcasing this below:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom