• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Mewtwo's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
That weight bar is way too full for Mewtwo, lol.

Thanks again for everything Aerodrome. Love everything you do.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
I might be imagining things, but do the hitboxes on Mewtwo's tail attacks have different start up frames? I swear I saw the tip hitbox of his bair come out before the middle hitbox and the base hitbox.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I might be imagining things, but do the hitboxes on Mewtwo's tail attacks have different start up frames? I swear I saw the tip hitbox of his bair come out before the middle hitbox and the base hitbox.
Yes, they do. Back-Air specifically seems to work in this way.

Last edited:
Slow grab and long duration. Equally slow jab and dash attacks and long duration. Slow start-up on aerials without good damage and knockback. Terrible landing lag on aerials.

Not to mention the lightest character in the game. Wow, they seemed determined to make Mewtwo terrible in this game. At least his Dtilt is good with some sick animations.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Slow grab and long duration. Equally slow jab and dash attacks and long duration. Slow start-up on aerials without good damage and knockback. Terrible landing lag on aerials.

Not to mention the lightest character in the game. Wow, they seemed determined to make Mewtwo terrible in this game. At least his Dtilt is good with some sick animations.

It's what I've been saying for a while now.

His Up-B was purposely made incredibly slow, has a lot of vulnerability, has a self windbox that is only a con (there is 0 pros to having it) and is one of the Up-B's with the most landing lag in the game.

His F-Throw and D-Throw are both pretty bad compared to the rest of the cast. He was purposely made incredibly mediocre. Confusion and Disable, while miles better than in Melee, are still just "okay" moves when you take everything into consideration. Mewtwo's only 2 good moves are D-Tilt and Shadow Ball.

I have a theory that Sakurai honestly fears strong projectiles, he things they might be OP because he probably balances mostly around FFA.

It's what I've been saying for a while now.

His Up-B was purposely made incredibly slow, has a lot of vulnerability, has a self windbox that is only a con (there is 0 pros to having it) and is one of the Up-B's with the most landing lag in the game.

His F-Throw and D-Throw are both pretty bad compared to the rest of the cast. He was purposely made incredibly mediocre. Confusion and Disable, while miles better than in Melee, are still just "okay" moves when you take everything into consideration. Mewtwo's only 2 good moves are D-Tilt and Shadow Ball.

I have a theory that Sakurai honestly fears strong projectiles, he things they might be OP because he probably balances mostly around FFA.
Yeah, I wish Mewtwo offered something different such as Duck Hung or Rosalina. But, really he seems the standard close combat type with a simple projectile. At least anyone with a sword differs in that they can space moves, but I cannot really see that happening with Mewtwo unless his tail has no hurtbox as in Melee. Melee Mewtwo could leverage say disjoint on his moves.

Either way, being a standard character without really any unique traits to use he gets stuck with bad frame data all around and the trait of lightest character in the game. Then again I might be surprised in future.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
I thought that one of the biggest weaknesses of Mewtwo in Melee was that he HAD a hurtbox on his tail. There's a thread on his hitboxes and hurtboxes in the Melee Mewtwo Forum.

I think he's a pretty unique character overall. Ranged normals + a powerful projectile with a recoil effect + a reflector/command grab/jump + powerful attacks and throws + good aerial mobility and above average ground mobility. That's a strange combination of moves to have and one would think that he would be a decent character at the very least.

However, he has a dreadful combination of stats + sub par frame data + wonky hitboxes, which reduce the effectiveness of his moveset. He's light, large, and floaty, he has relatively slow attacks with significant end lag, his hitboxes do not correspond with the animations of his moves (Up-Tilt and Up Air -_-), non-kill throws are bad, etc. He's mediocre overall. Unique, but mediocre.

The only Mewtwo that seems to be doing ok with him is a guy called Mew^2. I will post some vids of him in the video thread.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
He still has tail hurtboxes though, but they're in the z-axis 90% of the time.

It's noticeable on omega duck hunt and game and watch stage.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
The recovery stat bar should be higher. Everything else looks spot on.

Mr. Wallet

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity, why did you change M2's aerial movement speed value? It used to be tied with Sonic, DK, and Mario and now it says he's ranked 3rd in air speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom