• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Tricks

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
So... after downloading Mewtwo i went to the lab as usual,and i learned some stuff that you guys may wanna know.

So we are starting with djc specials so ness hada pk fire djc but al of mewtwos b moves can be djc,the one i had more use with was DJC DOWN SPECIAL that can help to start a comobo with down tilt,or get a ko wit a smash attack,or a charged shadowball.

Side b DJC is the same height as a short hopped one so it isnt that helpful

its aerial is very helpful because it keeps the momentum but changes the jumping animation with the attack one .
Specially with NAIR , FAIR and BAIR with nair because it is a multi hit it keeps the foe with you pretty much like luigi down b
I will register any new tricks i find.

Last edited:

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
Double Jump Cancel it now works with only few moves and it consist of cancelling the upward momentum of an attack so you van use it while keeping sideways momentum and or doing a very short jump it is made by double tapping the jump button then press an attack button

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
im gonna tell you why down B DJC is so cool for one if you do a shorthopped down b chances are you will overshoot and if you get them stunned by the down b you will be behind the opponent so if you djc it you will be in front

SilverhandX

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverhandX
I'm sure a lot of people know this, but for people who don't, Mewtwo's side-b acts almost like a third jump in mid air. This doesn't gain much height, but is good if you're lacking in horizontal recovery (must be used before up-b obviously). Also it can stop downward momentum while falling, which has several uses.

Captain Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nacholovr
3DS FC
1848-1848-8415
I'm sure a lot of people know this, but for people who don't, Mewtwo's side-b acts almost like a third jump in mid air. This doesn't gain much height, but is good if you're lacking in horizontal recovery (must be used before up-b obviously). Also it can stop downward momentum while falling, which has several uses.
It also turns Mewtwo around if used in the air opposite the direction he is currently facing. A useful tactic for reaching the ledge against an edgegaurder is bair as you approach the stage. Using Side-B to turn yourself around and then Bair as you approach the stage makes for a pretty safe recovery.

EDIT: Grab release actually sets opponents up at the perfect range for Down-B. Though not a true combo, you can probably use it fairly well as a mix-up. Another nice mix-up is Upair->Dair.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Teleport is gawdlike. UpB in Battlefield towards the ground, as if you were doing a wavedash in Melee. Possibly one of his best ways to escape and throw off opponents. Try it from one middle Battlefield platform to the other

Last edited:

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Teleport is gawdlike. UpB in Battlefield towards the ground, as if you were doing a wavedash in Melee. Possibly one of his best ways to escape and throw off opponents. Try it from one middle Battlefield platform to the other
By middle, do you mean middle vertically or horizontally?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
By middle, do you mean middle vertically or horizontally?
Horizontally, the first level of platforms. The two in the middle.

So facing right from the left platform:
Short hop -> :GCU::GCB: (:GCDR: teleport direction) -> and you'll appear on the opposite platform if you did it correctly

Last edited:

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
hey guys i just found an easy way for mindgames first of all we have going below the stage but thats pretty well known but im gonna tell it anyway.
You need to charge a shadowball completely then jump off stage shoot it when you are blow use your second jump then use side b after the 2nd jump animation has complete it then use up b and you should be hanging on the ledge

Top Bottom