• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Possible Jab Locks?

ArcGale

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enderores
Has anyone found any of Mewtwo's moves that can jab lock? I haven't really found anything worth noting other than Mewtwo's side-B under a platform, such as Battlefield's lowest platform, can put the opponent in a knocked down position(the one where they lay on the ground).

GoblinGamerKid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gobbblin
3DS FC
3738-0091-4970
Uhh well an uncharged shadow ball will do it, but you have to throw the shadow ball a bit before they land so it gets there in time. It also will only "lock" the opponent once and after that you'll just have to hit with something else.

EDIT: also mewtwos Ftilt will lock at lower percents but it will knock the opponent too far to follow up.

Last edited:

Gabu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gabukin
Pretty much what GoblinGamerKid said, The only 3 moves he has that cause a "Lock" state are his Uncharged Shadow ball and B-Air and F-Tilt.
His F-Tilt and B-Air locks only work at low %'s (Below 20%) so they're unreliable, but the uncharged Shadow Ball lock works up to about 350%.
The issue is the setup. You'd assume the best method to setup for the lock is his Side Special, Confusion, since your opponent land on the ground, But your opponent is able act almost immediately after they're hit with Confusion therefor they can avoid landing on the ground. So Its a really unreliable setup. I've only managed to hit one person with the Confusion into Shadow Ball (lock) combo online, but my opponent wasn't very good.
As for the battlefield platform, You can't really follow up with anything. I mean if your opponent doesn't tech then you might be able to follow up with a B-air but I'm not sure. I don't think you'll have enough time. cause I tried it on a computer and they were able to get up with a roll before my move hit, which makes me believe you wouldn't be able to follow up with a B-air against a real player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom