• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Palette Swap Poll

What is your favourite Mewtwo palette swap?

• Total voters

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I can't help but feel that Mewtwo's colors are references to the other legendaries' colors/shiny palettes

Orange/Red - Ho-oh
Blue - Lugia
Gold - Arceus
Seafoam - Dialga (Shiny)
Pink - Palkia
Shadow - Shadow Lugia

I don't know wtf is up with his Brown color though. Maybe it's an attempt on his Yellow colors?

Orange/Red is a nod to his original Red/Blue color which was that same color.

Teal (Seafoam) is a reference to Mewtwo's own shiny color.

Pink is a reference to Mew.

Blue is a reference to his originak artwork/concept where his tail was more blueish than purplish.

Shadow I agree is a reference to Shadow Lugia

He was bound to have a yellow color, every character has one.

Brown I have no idea, some people say his tail looked brown while inside the "tube liquids". Other's say it's a reference to his cape. Honestly I have no idea.

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Orange/Red is a nod to his original Red/Blue color which was that same color.

Teal (Seafoam) is a reference to Mewtwo's own shiny color.

Pink is a reference to Mew.

Blue is a reference to his originak artwork/concept where his tail was more blueish than purplish.

Shadow I agree is a reference to Shadow Lugia

He was bound to have a yellow color, every character has one.

Brown I have no idea, some people say his tail looked brown while inside the "tube liquids". Other's say it's a reference to his cape. Honestly I have no idea.
I was thinking that at first, but the more I look at those palettes, the less I agree with those statements.

Source to Orange/Red and Blue references?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I was thinking that at first, but the more I look at those palettes, the less I agree with those statements.

Source to Orange/Red and Blue references?
Here are the original Red/Blue Mewtwo colors.

There's also Mewtwo's original concept color which was a very dark purple (there are much more pictures but I can only upload 3 at a time since I am on my phone).

The blueish color isn't exactly 100% accurate but it's close and Mewtwo needed a blue color, since every char has a blue color. He had a different blue color in Melee and they purposely changed it to this blue color.

Attachments

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Ah, now I see the Red/Orange one.
I still like to think of the Blue one as a Lugia skin, it helps add credence to the thought that one skin is Shadow Lugia reference.

PRIZZA

Smash Rookie
NNID
PRIZZA
3DS FC
2036-7201-3400
That yellow green one is basically the shiny one, unfortunately. I just wish it was made to look more green. I used it in Melee and planned on it in this game, but I just hate how it looks.
I have a feeling that the mustardy-green color is a reference to his murky shiny color from Pokemon G/S, which would be pretty cool. Check it out!

Last edited:

Ferntendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ferntendo128
3DS FC
2724-0900-1828
Seafoam was the closest thing to shiny Mewtwo so yeah. Also it looks very nice on him in HD.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I have a feeling that the mustardy-green color is a reference to his murky shiny color from Pokemon G/S, which would be pretty cool. Check it out!
It has been so long since I've played GS. I may actually start using that color. I used the green one in Melee and it was super green, but after seeing this, the green color he has in this Smash game makes a lot more sense.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
My overall favorite Mewtwo alt is his Red tail on the 3DS, because it turns his skin a very very faint gold and I like that a whole lot.

On the WiiU however, this trait isn't carried over and so I find myself using either the default or the brown/grey one.

Crispy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
OatmeaiCrisp
3DS FC
3754-6658-5495
I probably would have picked Shadow Mewtwo, since I tend to gravitate towards darker pallets, but - not to sound like some sort of hipster - I assumed everyone would gravitate towards that one, so I avoided it. And I'm glad I did - the brown pallet (I originally thought it was black, and it's such a dark shade of brown that I find it acceptable) is great and it's already my go-to Mewtwo pallet. My second choice would have been the blue one, and that's what my best friend uses.
I felt the same about Shadow MewTwo.. I knew it'd be popular.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I can't help but feel that Mewtwo's colors are references to the other legendaries' colors/shiny palettes

Orange/Red - Ho-oh
Blue - Lugia
Gold - Arceus
Seafoam - Dialga (Shiny)
Pink - Palkia
Shadow - Shadow Lugia

I don't know wtf is up with his Brown color though. Maybe it's an attempt on his Yellow colors?
I think pink is suppose to reference Mew.
I also think that "seafoam" is suppose to represent Mewtwo's shiny form, despite that Mewtwo's shiny appearance is green. It's the closest palette that resembles it.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that blue Mewtwo's my favorite.

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I like all his colors, but i always go with the default.

Orange/Red - Ho-oh
Blue - Lugia
Gold - Arceus
Seafoam - Dialga (Shiny)
Pink - Palkia
Shadow - Shadow Lugia

I doubt they're representing any other pokemon except maybe Mew (the pink one).

His shiny in Pokemon Stadium was blue, in Collosseum it was yellow (his shiny had a yellow-ish tone in gen2), and the Seafoam one resembles his current shiny.
They really just went with simple color palettes, and it works for me.

...though i really wish his Seafoam one was green instead. It just doesn't look as good as his shiny form in the current Pokemon games or Melee.

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
It's a shame his red/pink alt isn't that fanmade all Pinktwo which would greatly resemble Mew. Nevertheless it still resembles Mew's colors and that is the color I will pick.

My second choice is the light blue/cyan color.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It's a shame his red/pink alt isn't that fanmade all Pinktwo which would greatly resemble Mew. Nevertheless it still resembles Mew's colors and that is the color I will pick.

My second choice is the light blue/cyan color.
There isn't a light blue/cyan one. There's a teal one people keep calling seafoam or something.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
Bluetwo (Blue alt) is the main palette swap I use right next the default I also like the Shadow Mewtwo and Cyan palettes

Last edited:

PRIZZA

Smash Rookie
NNID
PRIZZA
3DS FC
2036-7201-3400
Since his pink coloration points to Mew based, what if the cyan color is based on Shiny Mew? The color is very close, especially comparing to GSC (again).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Blue or Black Mewtwo. Sometimes i go brown, but it's not often.

Kooby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0031-6506
I like the shadow palette because the tail reminds me of white chocolate, sometimes makes me imagine me taking a bite out of it for some reason

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^I now like to think kirby mains see everything as food because they eat everything. XD;

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I really like the teal one, so I use that the most. The blue one's pretty nice too.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
First of all, I have no idea why people were calling Mewtwo's black alt "reversed colours" after they saw the trailer. His tail isn't black lol.
Anyway... I usually use his default one and sometimes rarely his black alt, but some people in this thread are making me wanna try his red/pink one, hmm. I'm not keen on his blue one, it's way too blue for me, it looks really unnatural. If they made it a lighter, more natural blue then I would have liked it.

Also, I wish they did make a true reversed coloured Mewtwo, imagine Mewtwo with a purple body and white tail? Would be pretty cool.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I usually go with default, but when I'm in the mood, I pick Shadow.

Top Bottom