• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Origins

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
This posting will find updates as it progresses along.

Also, I am looking for help. I cannot do this and neither can my PC :( I can provide drawings, communications and ideas etc.

My thoughts said:
You know, I have always been a fan of Mewtwo, practically one of my favorites. I remember playing him in Melee but being disappointed in how floaty he was and he felt weak. PM came out and he still felt the same, even with some minor tweaks.

Then I came across Pokemon Origins. I had seen this ruthless, brutal and terrifying Pokemon which was just a complete bad ass. I saw my favorite Pokemon in a new light. This is something I wanted to see in a fighting game. This is how he should be and this is how I have designed him to a point. This means also that he isn't so floaty anymore, he is faster, moves faster and his weight / falling is a lot heavier and faster. He needs to be a beast. I aim to see it this way.

As I compared Melee and PM Mewtwo to my idea, I realized how terrifying and brutal he could be as customized content. Not over-powered, no. But, a true crazed Pokemon. Oh what a dream.

Current move set
(Make sure to look below for visuals) Excuse the crappy Mewtwo visuals. I was lazy. I will redraw them later.

His intro has him jump forward, lean his body forward and scream. You see a sound visual. Like in Pokemon Origins.

•Standard A attacks (Smash attacks also)
A attack + continuous A - Mewtwo strikes one arm straight forward creating this type of explosive burst. Not enough to knock back the opponent. If you continue to press A, he will create this psychic type of aura attack for a few second, which deals damage. After a few seconds Mewtwo will clench his fist and make a psychic explosion on you. This isn't heavy damage at all.

Side + A - He brings his arms back like a Kamehameha for a split second charging up a psychic charge, then he launches it with one arm. It is like a blade of energy charging towards you. It grinds through the ground also. I call it PsychoCut after the move from the series.

Up + A - He kind of balls himself up, bringing his arms and legs super close to him at the same time while rising up above the ground. He glows purple. After a second or two he puts on a power stance while releasing an explosive aura energy.

Down + A - Instead of doing his one handed side explosion by default, I decided to give him two hands to reach either side of him. Thing of the hammer attack by Mr. Game and Watch but with hands and energy.

Side dash + A - Original dashing move where he runs and hits you with his psychic energy attack. Has a bit of knock back though with a slight explosion visual.

• Special B attacks
Standard B - It is the same as the original move but improved. When he charges the ShadowBall, it will charge like Samus charges her beam. This means that when it reaches maximum it will stop charging automatically. He also launches his ShadowBall a bit faster as well. It is pretty straight forward, not all in a wave motion like the original.

Side + B - (Swift) - Yeah, I decided to take the move Swift from Pokemon Origins and apply it here. As Mewtwo opens / extends his arms in a certain way, he creates this flat kind of circular sphere of energy and the stars shoot forward towards the opponent just like in the anime. It has a bit of a knock back, not a lot though.

Down + B (Barrier attack) - I decided he needed a cool move. After searching and seeing it in Pokemon Origins, I decided to add it in. What happens is that he creates a energy barrier for about a second or two and if an opponent attacks, touches or hits the barrier, the barrier encircles the opponent and Mewtwo uses his psychic energy to blast/push them away in a bit of an explosive visual, but not so much. Also works for projectiles.

• Up + B (Teleport) - The same as he has now, but less floaty and more sturdy. When he teleports he has more weight and falls quicker. He will also receive a new visual for teleporting such as aura and other energy visuals.

Air Attacks
• Down + A - When he jumps in the air, he quickly summons a ball of energy over his head then quickly launches it down towards the ground. It has a distance limit though.

Left + A - When in the air, he launches a small bit slightly forceful ShadowBall at a 135 degree angle towards the opponent. He as distance limit.

Right + A - When in the air (facing left) and you press right and A, he turns right while extending his arm out and creating a small psychic aura explosion from his hand. Small radius.

Up + A - When in the air, he makes this powering up pose while releasing this explosive aura energy from his body. Powerful.

A - When in the air, he creates this sort of electrical sparkly psychic static aura which slightly draws you in, you can't move for a second or two and deals multiple damage. Then the next second he creates an explosion of psychic aura energy while in the powering up pose.

Neutral + A Attacks
Down + A - He comes off of the ground a bit while balling his body up and as he spins (flips) forward once, his tail slams into the ground. If the opponent is hit, it launches him / her upwards.

• Side + A - This hasn't changed. I decided to keep the tail attack in, but make it just a bit stronger depending on your percentage of damage and the knock back increases a bit.

• Up + A - Using his psychic energy, he throws you up a bit up in the air and with one arm (not touching you) and when you reach a certain height he creates a psychic aura explosion on your body.

• Grabs (Z)
Z + Up - I decided to keep this as the original move. Using his psychic powers, he spins you around his body and throws you in the air.

Z + Down - Using his psychic powers, he picks you up in the air (arm visual) and then slams you into the ground. When you hit, an aura explosion visual happens on your body.
Z + Right - When he grabs you, he teleports you at a distance, far but not too far, once you appear, he shoots a ShadowBall directly and quickly at you with one arm. Could have strong knock back.

Z + Left - If Mewtwo grabs you (facing right) and you press Left, he throws you to the left. But, the second before he releases you, he releases you with an aura psychic explosion visual. Boom.

Z + A - He grabs you and when you press A repeatedly, he just smacks you with his tail quickly.

Get up attack
A - When Mewtwo stands up after laying on the ground, he spins around 2 or 3 times with his tail.

Taunts
• Up - He floats up above the ground, kind of curls his body up a bit and falls asleep. This actually recovers a small portion of health.

• Down - Original taunt he has where he folds his arms and spins around.

• Side - Much like his intro, he leans forward screaming at you. You will see a sound visual also.

Here are also some examples of videos and what I have seen which made me want to implement them as moves.

0:10 The intro to my screaming Mewtwo.
0:37 Is kind of similar to my Z + Right when he teleports you and launches a Shadow attack at you.
1:25 Mewtwo does the Swift attack which is my Side + B
1:49 is where he does the barrier block and throws the opponent away. Like my Down + B
3:27 Swift attack again.
3:36 Mewtwo starts being speedy and fast. I kind of slightly want to implement this. Not fully. He isn't Fox.

3:51 Mewtwo uses Psycho Cut. My visual will be similar but the Psycho Cut won't be spinning around.

While I am serious about this new version of Mewtwo, I do not have the skills to rig this, program it or whatever else I must do. I just started this concept last night. I am looking for those who would like to join in on this ruthless version of Mewtwo.

Please, by all means, leave feedback and let me know if you would like to team up and make this move set and speed a reality.

Last edited:

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
This is a good idea, and I like the personality you've incorporated into the moveset. However, as it stands, this is merely an idea; This is in no way even close to content in its current form. Could you possibly design an animation or two, as proof of concept?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
This is a good idea, and I like the personality you've incorporated into the moveset. However, as it stands, this is merely an idea; This is in no way even close to content in its current form. Could you possibly design an animation or two, as proof of concept?
The point is to give someone else ideas to make the moveset.

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
I am glad you like his personality, I like how ruthless he is, different from the movies. Yes, it is an idea and I am just learning about this stuff, rigging etc, so I have literally nothing. But, I am looking for those who see the potential in this and would like to work together to make this happen.

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
I see. I apologize for any apparent rudeness.

I'd offer my own talents but... They're less talents and more sub-par abilities. Sorry.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
You can animate moves via Brawlbox and have it play in game, but it won't be proper without PSAing it in.

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
PSA is your best bet. Small question, tho: How will your u-tilt work if there is no foe to grab (i.e. you wiff it).

Serilei

Smash Apprentice
PSA is your best bet. Small question, tho: How will your u-tilt work if there is no foe to grab (i.e. you wiff it).
Well, what I was thinking is that when you do the tilt-up, he picks his fist up in the air and the aura comes out of the ground lifting the enemy into the air. If the enemy is targeted within the aura, then the second attack is initiated. If not, well, nothing happens.

Top Bottom