• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Nair Static Spike against space animals?

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Okay, yesterday, I was playing against a level 9 Falco and I knocked him out of the stage. I jumped out to finish the job with a Dair but I screwed up and did a Nair instead. The Nair connected, shocking him a little and then sending him down. I thought this was weird so I tried it again. and again and again and again. I then switched Falco out and replaced him with Fox. the same thing happened consistently.

Now it didn't work all the time because I screwed up my timing and spacing so I'm guessing that if this isn't a fluke caused by the comp being dumb, there is a sweetspot to it. I'm thinking close to either his right or left leg.

So is it a legit spike or is it a fluke? Please explain. I'm a sucky Mewtwo player.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
It would mostly have to do with the computer's DI. If you DI down through the 10 bazillion hitboxes of mewtwo's nair, I suspect you'd be hurled downward if you were in the air.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Well nair spike sometimes does work, however Nair is just too unpridectabl to be a super effective move. If you nair and you send the enemy twards the stage they can wall teck and come flying right back at you :( idk I just think that it's too unpridictable.

quak

Smash Champion
it can't spike, it just can't

we had the exact thread on this a few weeks ago

3 basic options that can happen when you connect with the nair for an edgeguard

1) it sends them away from the stage, fastfallers it's good against cause they can't recover far enough to make it back from their fast falling. Everyone else can basically recover as normal.

2) it sends them toward the stage and may result in a stage spike if the opponent doesn't tech. Stage spikes on stages like FD where the wall is slanted will pitch them straight down, this may be what ur confusing it with.

3) The final knockback doesn't hit. A dumb computer usually wont recover from this, just cause. Especially if it's a fast faller (like falco and fox). Your opponent CAN IMMEDIATELY jump/attack/anything right after they're not getting zapped by the nair. Comps just choose to do nothing, and they fall to their death as a result.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Thanks Quak. I thought it was a fluke but I decided to post this anyways becasue mewtwo could use all the help he could get.

Would a Shadowball charge spike work on a space animal? Since Falco/Fox fall faster than Mewtwo, they would continuously fall into the charge. Would they be able to DI out of it?

quak

Smash Champion
well, it can work but it's very hard to connect, and i think they can DI out of it. The lower percent they're at the better though.

It's a real flashy way to kill someone because it's so hard to pull off, i mean, everything has to be PERFECT, otherwise it doesn't work.

If you want to play mewtwo to win, you should be edgeguarding with bairs or with smashes, dependant on opponent's character, where/how he's recovering, etc.

Top Bottom