• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo is the Most Unique Character

Cleod

Smash Cadet
With around 26 characters to choose from, Mewtwo will always be the most unique imo. Lets just say that Mewtwo is just a mystique opponent. He drifts in the air slowly, can teleport rather large distances and his attacks could prove deadly if mastered. Mewtwo is made to play mind games with his opponents because of his unpredictability, therefore he possibly has the potential to compete in casual competitive games and could be considered as a great threat. If there is one thing Mewtwo could greatly improve on, it'd be his strength which unfortunately is very low in this installment. If Nintendo were to bring back a character in SSBM that didn't appear in Brawl, lets hope that it'd be Mewtwo because of his widely different game play style from the rest.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Mewtwo needs a quality move that covers his face. He seriously has nothing protecting him there and has to play at angles the entire game with d-tilt & grab.

He gets points for a usable projectile and the best Up+B in the game but he's a really flimsy character.

Cleod

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo needs a quality move that covers his face. He seriously has nothing protecting him there and has to play at angles the entire game with d-tilt & grab.

He gets points for a usable projectile and the best Up+B in the game but he's a really flimsy character.

I second this statement. You also forgot that Mewtwo is a rather light character,
and his ability to slowly drift in the air leaves him as a big target.
However he is more capable than any other character imo at mind games.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
The top characters (especially the space animals) are way better at "mind games".
Wouldn't it be the players that are better at "mind games", not the characters? The Top tier characters may appear to be better at "mind games" because they have more options in any given scenario, but ultimately it is up to the player using the character to decide which options would be the best for "mind games". For this reason, all characters are equal in the ability to use "mind games" and it is completely up to the power of the player's mind.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Mewtwo has the ultimate mindgame:
People underestimate him because they think he is worthlessly trash, when in fact he is only extremely trash.

They never see it coming.

:phone:

Cleod

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo has the ultimate mindgame:
People underestimate him because they think he is worthlessly trash, when in fact he is only extremely trash.

They never see it coming.

:phone:
Might as well just pick Kirby in Melee, and then nobody will see it coming when Kirby all of the sudden goes banzai. :bluejump:

Nothings worse than getting creamed by a pink puffball.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
i.c. is definitely the most unique seeing as you control 2 characters. yoshi has armor on his up b, peach can float cancel, pichu does self damage.

everyone has something unique to themselves, but mewtwo is pretty damn unique:

air dodge makes him invisible, has an attack that is punishable on hit(side b), only character whose dsmash hits only one side, projectile is the hardest to parry or powershield(because it wobbles), and of course the big one: he is the only big and floaty character( a horrible combination)

he is def top 5 for uniqueness.

StatusC

Smash Rookie
i.c. is definitely the most unique seeing as you control 2 characters. yoshi has armor on his up b, peach can float cancel, pichu does self damage.

everyone has something unique to themselves, but mewtwo is pretty damn unique:

air dodge makes him invisible, has an attack that is punishable on hit(side b), only character whose dsmash hits only one side, projectile is the hardest to parry or powershield(because it wobbles), and of course the big one: he is the only big and floaty character( a horrible combination)

he is def top 5 for uniqueness.
I totally agree with you, I find my cousin (a mewtwo player) constantly surprising me with mewtwo's unique capabilities.

Top Bottom