• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo is Available Today on the eShop!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
lol I was talking about Smash games, he has been in two before Sm4sh and Wolf was in only one.
To be honest I never played any GameCube SF, only the SNES and N64 ones.... so I have no idea of what goes on in Assault.
It's more of a seniority thing. Pretty much all the characters introduced in Melee that weren't cut in Brawl have their spots on the roster secure almost as much as the Original 12 do.

And yeah, Wolf is presumed "dead" at the end of SF Assault though Fox comments that he's most likely still alive.

Last edited:

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704
I like him, but fighting him with Zelda is impossible because they gave him A STRONG PROJECTILE AND A PROJECTILE REFLECTOR

THERES NO WAY TO NL IT BACK ONCE ITS BEEN REFLECTED TO YOU

Szion

Smash Journeyman
i registered both wii u and 3ds, called, still cudnt get 'em. thinking about whether this crappy dodge spamming game is worth another 4 bucks. or even if i should give them my money after not getting him like i was supposed to.

D

Deleted member

Pretty cool for those who didn't get it from Club Nintendo.

Assassannerr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bookkannerr
Okay, now have we heard anything about tournament mode, the Miiverse stage, and whatever else sakurai told us was coming?

I thought we would get this allong with Mewtwo?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
i don't want another marth clone, and ryu just doesn't fit into the game xD idk hope it's fake tbh
Roy doesn't necessarily have to play the same way he did in Melee (before you bring up Mewtwo and Lucas not being changed, they had no need to be changed at all unlike Roy with Lucina in the game) and Ryu can easily be a great fit in the series like how Solid Snake was in Brawl. We really don't know that much so we shouldn't be coming to conclusions.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
  • 3DS: $3.99
  • Wii U: $3.99
  • 3DS/Wii U: $4.99
So If I buy him for the 3ds now and for the wii u when I get one it's $8 but if I buy them both at once it's $5, sure a dollar isn't much but still he really should be $2

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
  • 3DS: $3.99
  • Wii U: $3.99
  • 3DS/Wii U: $4.99
So If I buy him for the 3ds now and for the wii u when I get one it's $6 but if I buy them both at once it's $5, sure a dollar isn't much but still he really should be $2
Actually that would be 4 dollars (plus tax in some places) for one version so to have both of them separately would mean you would be paying 8 dollars for Mewtwo.

Their is another option of buying Mewtwo for both versions (in this case, you would do it on your 3DS) and then you would get a DLC code for the Wii U version whenever you get it for 3 dollars less (it does expire after 3-5 months though so you outta make sure you'll have the Wii U version in time)

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
Roy doesn't necessarily have to play the same way he did in Melee (before you bring up Mewtwo and Lucas not being changed, they had no need to be changed at all unlike Roy with Lucina in the game) and Ryu can easily be a great fit in the series like how Solid Snake was in Brawl. We really don't know that much so we shouldn't be coming to conclusions.
Mewtwo was different, he's much more lighter, and he has had significant buffs. Also, I don't think a character who used to be 21st on tier lists in Melee, and hasn't changed at all, would be 11th in SSB4 tier lists.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mewtwo was different, he's much more lighter, and he has had significant buffs. Also, I don't think a character who used to be 21st on tier lists in Melee, and hasn't changed at all, would be 11th in SSB4 tier lists.
I was talking about his moves in general but yeah your right. That's even more the reason why Sakurai would change up Roy in Smash 4.

DrPac

Smash Cadet
NNID
derek
3DS FC
2793-1053-1017
I was talking about his moves in general but yeah your right. That's even more the reason why Sakurai would change up Roy in Smash 4.
Oh, pardon me then, I feel they could change Young Link easily if he ever made it in, they could make it more like his Hyrule Warriors moveset.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh, pardon me then, I feel they could change Young Link easily if he ever made it in, they could make it more like his Hyrule Warriors moveset.
I support YLink's return to Smash though he would need to use his MM masks in addition to his Melee moveset and given the circumstances with the 3DS limitations, YLink can't be DLC unless he was the exact way he was in Melee which wouldn't happen with :4tlink:in the game.

Then theirs also the stigma of YLink being "another Link" which some people can't get over and even with an overhaul to his moveset, theirs going to be those ignorant people who yell "omg Sakurai why do you have to put 3 Links in the game?".

Hopefully, Young Link will be included in the next Smash with the above moveset I mentioned given limitations will most likely not be a factor in that game.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
In my opinion, you weren't missing much. Well, except the glitches.
Agreed. M2 is neat, but far from amazing and many called him boring to play.

Also, I'm one of the people who bought both versions but didn't get M2 because I didn't hear about having to register them until it was way too late.

It's a shame there isn't a notifications system IN SSB4 where Nintendo could've announced the need to register for those of us who don't see any need to revisit the SSB website after the game has launched...

Oh, wait...

i registered both wii u and 3ds, called, still cudnt get 'em. thinking about whether this crappy dodge spamming game is worth another 4 bucks. or even if i should give them my money after not getting him like i was supposed to.
This is the other thing: why the HELL isn't Nintendo using NNIDs for this?

Does your NNID have both versions of the game registered to it? If yes, then your NNID unlocks M2, none of this "download code" bull-**** required!

The irony is that Nintendo has spent thousands of dollars on manhours as their support staff deals with the swarms of angry players who should've received M2 but didn't.

Microsoft and Sony figured this crap out years ago. Why does Nintendo still suck ass at everything online?! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704
Precisely why I hate him. We don't need a Jigglypuff with that broken Shadow Ball move.

Mtags03

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0319-0013-4415
TIME TO TIP THE SCA... I mean buy the mewtwo dlc

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704
How is it broken?
I'm partially a Zelda player, and it gives him a huge advantage. The matchup is almost impossible to win for Zelda only because of shadow ball. When you Nayru's Love the ball back at him, they just use confusion on the reflected ball, and it either breaks your shield or does 50%. It kills in two hits, not counting any damage the Mewtwo does to you with other methods. You have to chase the things around the entire match, and even if you don't lose, it gets really tiring. Same goes for anybody with reflectors (except Fox).

Probably just a complaint on it's KO power and stuff.
Yeah slightly. It takes a lot more spamming from most other characters with basically the same move to kill, and this thing just need somebody above 90%.

Last edited:

1970's-Man

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-0961-6195
My brother is a Zelda main (since Melee) and he had the same problem with shadow ball. But he found that if you're at a certain distance from Mewtwo, Nayru's Love will stay out long enough to re-reflect SB and OHKO Mewtwo as he won't be able to use another Confusion quick enough.

NoMarthLeftBehind

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3979-7704
My brother is a Zelda main (since Melee) and he had the same problem with shadow ball. But he found that if you're at a certain distance from Mewtwo, Nayru's Love will stay out long enough to re-reflect SB and OHKO Mewtwo as he won't be able to use another Confusion quick enough.
I found that out too, but usually Mewtwos aren't at that distance when firing off the ball.

Top Bottom