• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo in teams

Bandit Croco

Smash Rookie
I was wondering how M2 is supposed to be played in teams. I don't get a chance to do it often but do i just play it like a 1v1 with less room or how is this supposed to go? also there aren't very many vids online to really help this but if you have any please post them!

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Playing teams in general is nothing like 1v1 matches. You can get away with a lot of things you couldnt normally like confusion and the neutral isnt very important. Throw lots of shadow balls and go for grabs. Mewtwo is great at separating the other team to create 2v1 situations. Usually you wanna back throw one person offstage, if you cant just up throw or downthrow them depending on what character they are. Fthrow can also be pretty usefull since you can hit both enemies with the little shadow balls that it throws while giving your teamate plenty of time to react and combo from the throw. Mewtwo is also great at going offstage to finish a kill. Learn all of your ledge options and practice your teleport stall. Mewtwo's main issue is that his tail makes him a big target so you are very easy to team combo. You would have to have a fast character paired up with mewtwo so that they can run over and help you. If you find yourself being targeted remember that mewtwo has a huge roll and you can teleport out of shield.

I would apply general team strategies for most any character, but do it in a fashion that Mewtwo can best work with.

Here is one way to think about it. Suppose you have are on the ledge on one side being edgeguarded, but without being hit. Yet, your teammate is edgeguarding the other team player and successfully edgeguarding them. I believe its fine to simply stall on the ledge because your team is making a net profit. You occupy one enemy, but do not take damage or lose stocks for it. However, the other 1v1 situation is in your teams favor.

Make decisions which try to benefit your team as a whole. If your teammate is being edgeguarded you have to pull double duty somehow and interrupt the person beating up on your team member, but avoid being hit by the person you left vacate for coverage.

Top Bottom