• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Glitch - the one we all know about.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
We all know about the mewtwo glitch that works on battlefield, and mute city.
I recently discovered, although someone might have already, that it works on all platforms of Jungle Japes, Both Kongo Jungles, Parts of rainbow cruise(the nose of the ship for sure),great bay, Brinstar, Venom, and the Front of Corneria.

I discovered that for it to work easily on these maps you can do it from the ledge.
Simply djc your ledgehop with confusion, almost instantly, gaining very little vertical height, and no horizontal di, this will drag the oppenent through the map, and you are now free to teleport safely to the ledge.

Tele to ledge from the map (taj style), then m2 glitch. Enough said.

*Note, on jungle japes, you commit suicide with the enemy if you do it from the middle platform, but if you do it from the inner part of outer platforms, then instantly tele diagonally back to the middle edge, you will not die, but you oppenent will be left deep within the waters of the river, and you are edgehogging their only hope, thus, they are dead.

**M2 Glitch also works on Final destination if and only if the person is crouching on the edge, i.e., a marth getting ready to d-tilt, or a fox getting ready to shine.

quak

Smash Champion
since you mentioned jungle japes, i am forced to say it before anyone else claims it

Jungle Japes is MY stage

reasons why my be revealed when i post some vids sometime

(klaptrap loves me)

quak

Smash Champion
well it's not like it's anything new, or incredibly awesome

seriously, jungle japes=quak's

i love it when the klaptrap hits you through the floor when ur landing XP

quak

Smash Champion
you drag em throught the stage

and you don't sd on jungle japes if you do it right, you confusion them on the left side of the main platform, let the water carry you, and use teleport to grab the left most part of the stage, just found that out today at sjsu.

you gotta be pro tho :p

ss118

Smash Master
I like using confusion on the way down, when the opponent cant hit me, so when I try to drag him under the stage, I dont have that annoying bounce that lets him get an edgehog.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Rofl, I stand corrected Quak, I didn't put it through heavy testing, lol.
Yeah, I prolly missed a few places where the glitch works, but one of my favorite places to do it is on the nose of the ship of rainbow cruise, during a team match. Personally I think this is a great map for mewtwo because he can gimp-kill with his up and back throws almost every part of the map, also he has great evasion abilities via teleport and dj. I might just start counter picking rainbow. Vs jigglys an lightweights I sometimes pick corneria for the gimp upthrow, and shadow claw kills.

I think japes is a great map for mewtwo though, and I do nicely on it as mewtwo. (but so does pasqual's doc)

There are some cool tricks mewtwo can do on japes, but I think its not a great counter pick since it doesn't maximize the use of his ridiculous horizontal, and below the map recovery.
My all time favorite is prolly dreamland, bc it has an awesomely high ceiling to help compensate for mewtwo's vertical deaths. ( esp from fox ) while maximizing his recovery potential.

ps. I AM pro.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I think japes is a great map for mewtwo though, and I do nicely on it as mewtwo. (but so does pasqual's doc)
Hah, true, so does my Falco. Japes ftw.

Don't mind Fabulous saying he's pro, ss118. He's just messing around. But I would say he's got one of the better Mewtwo's in the southeast. I'm sure, out of all 4 or so of them, he's at least top 10.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Nice pasqual. Nah guys, just kidding about the pro thing, although technically I am since I'm unemployed smash is my profession. lol.

Imma try to get some vids up soon, just gotta jack someones recording equip.

My tourney characters are Mewtwo, Fox, and Falcon, depending on the matchup.
Whether it's tourney or not, pwning with mewtwo is the best feeling, esp vs a marth.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
You've got aboots 4k in the bank, yes? Drop 100 bucks on a capture card and we could be recording to your comp next weekend. I'll even pitch in 10 bucks or something.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
I didn't mean to say these were new, I just want to get all of the situations where the glitch works on a thread where mewtwo players can access it, if there are others just post it up.

quak

Smash Champion
not even a hundred, i only spent like 70 on my capture card at best buy, and i know you can most definatly get a better deal than that

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I just found one on newegg for 53.99. I'm gonna order it tonight or tomorrow.
Don't you need an RF modulator and other cables?
Whats your setup if you don't mind me asking.

quak

Smash Champion
whoa, okay im no where near a tech wiz

basicly i installed the hardware into my comp, and it had av input jacks so i used a cable which looks like the end of the yellow/white/red cable you use to set up ur cube, cept it's the same end on both sides, and connected the av output on my tv to the av input on my tuner.

i suck at explaining ****

Top Bottom