• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo complaint thread

Fun aside, do you think Mewtwo is a viable character?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Honestly if I were the guy patching/balancing Mewtwo I would do the following:

Quality of Life changes:

1. Fix B-Air, U-Air and U-Tilt animations so that it's perfectly clear when the hitbox starts and ends (Some people claim F-Air also has this problem, but I've never seen it, so I don't know if also fix F-Air or not).
2. Fix the "self-windbox" at the end of aerial Teleport. This would remove the "landing slide" Teleport tech, but it would also remove Mewtwo's inability to sweetspot the ledge whenever there's any solid object close to the edge (making him bounce off and SD).

Nerfs:

Buffs:

1. N-Air always performs the last hit upon landing (like many other multi-hit aerials).
2. N-Air's hitbox increased in size.
3. Lower N-Air's start-up by a few frames (Maybe down to 4-5 frames instead of 7).
Note: Basically make N-Air Mewtwo's true anti-air and anti-juggle aerial by giving it a faster startup, more reliable hitbox and a safe way to land it.
4. Disable now deals a decent amount of Shield Damage (it can already be avoided in many ways, make it at least relatively unsafe to shield yet not excessive).
5. Down-Smash's vertical hitbox increased (Only the vertical hitbox so that it can hit through platforms and hit people hanging from the ledge on all stages. No need to increase it's horizontal hitbox).
6. Buff his Grab range slightly.
7. Buff Teleport slightly. I think the fairest way to go about this would be lowering it's start up a bit (and maybe the frames where Mewtwo is intangible). That way it can still be punished by someone expecting it, while having a buffed overall speed. The buffed overall speed will stop chars like Falcon, Mario, etc from just being able to throw an U-Air after you've teleported and still being able to fast fall down on you with a D-Air before you can react from Teleport, but the endlag staying the same will allow for opponents who were expecting the Teleport to still be able to punish effectively.

Apart from this I don't think Mewtwo needs much. He is a solid character to be honest, not top tier material but a good contender for high-mid tier as long as his juggling/combo food issue gets worked on. I honestly don't think he needs to be heavy or anything like that.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I really don't see the misleading visuals people mention on bair and uair, and they have bigger problems
anyway, bair extending Mewtwo's hurtbox and uair being a little slow for a combo/juggling tool.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
the only buff I want Mewtwo to have is a better grab range. UAir, UTilt and DThrow have earlier End Lag while Disable has faster Start up together that his rolls get buffed by either its speed or longer I-frames.

otherwise he is pretty much perfect in my eyes <3

godogod

Smash Ace
I really don't see the misleading visuals people mention on bair and uair, and they have bigger problems
anyway, bair extending Mewtwo's hurtbox and uair being a little slow for a combo/juggling tool.
Up air cannot connect for ****. You have to be really close, and even then, it's not like shadowball that has worthwhile knocback. 0 Back air whiffs too much also, and I think its possibly because the hit box is too small. It's literally the tip of the tail.

Up tilt is pretty bad too.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Up air cannot connect for ****. You have to be really close, and even then, it's not like shadowball that has worthwhile knocback. 0 Back air whiffs too much also, and I think its possibly because the hit box is too small. It's literally the tip of the tail.

Up tilt is pretty bad too.

All of Mewtwo's tail attacks hit harder the closer you hit to the trunk of the tail. Back-Air's hitbox is definitely the whole tail. The problem is the hitbox for the attack seem to start later than the move makes it look.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It depends on how much butt-kicking you can do with him against the cast before he loses that stock. Very matchup dependent I'd say. He's loses out against faster characters but he can probably handle about half of the cast.

I'm having a lot of success with his tilts actually. If your play is tilt-centric and you space, you can pop the enemy to where you need them to be and follow up with aerials.

He's a bit wonky but once you get a handle on him, he's certainly usable.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
All of Mewtwo's tail attacks hit harder the closer you hit to the trunk of the tail. Back-Air's hitbox is definitely the whole tail. The problem is the hitbox for the attack seem to start later than the move makes it look.
It's more like.. You either hit it in that "perfect zone" or you whiff completely.

It depends on how much butt-kicking you can do with him against the cast before he loses that stock. Very matchup dependent I'd say. He's loses out against faster characters but he can probably handle about half of the cast.

I'm having a lot of success with his tilts actually. If your play is tilt-centric and you space, you can pop the enemy to where you need them to be and follow up with aerials.

He's a bit wonky but once you get a handle on him, he's certainly usable.
Yeah, I definitely like his forward and down tilts.. But it would be nice if his up tilt can properly hit people behind him. Harder to hit smaller characters..

I wish we could hit more on the edge of the tip then the trunk.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Then I wouldn't call that bad hitbox placement. It comes out right when you hear the noise and see the trail.
It's slow startup hampers aggressive use (and fair kills better than it's sweetspot anyway) on top of the hurtbox extension,
so it works better defensively with it's relatively (compared to fair) wide hit area and meaty active frames.

Uair might have somewhat short vertical reach, but it hits very wide. It's good at sneaking in some hits
on an aerial opponent without risking putting Mewtwo in too much harm's way.

Look at the stronger trunk hits this way: if they didn't work like that, Mewtwo would have an even harder
time getting people off of him in close range.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Then I wouldn't call that bad hitbox placement. It comes out right when you hear the noise and see the trail.
It's slow startup hampers aggressive use (and fair kills better than it's sweetspot anyway) on top of the hurtbox extension,
so it works better defensively with it's relatively (compared to fair) wide hit area and meaty active frames.

Uair might have somewhat short vertical reach, but it hits very wide. It's good at sneaking in some hits
on an aerial opponent without risking putting Mewtwo in too much harm's way.

Look at the stronger trunk hits this way: if they didn't work like that, Mewtwo would have an even harder
time getting people off of him in close range.

I wasn't saying it's a bad hitbox placement or whatever. What I mean is, when you throw the attack it looks like it can hit earlier than it actually can which confuses people.

As you play more with Mewtwo you will learn to know when and where you can actually hit with the attack and understand the attack better, the attack itself isn't bad.

MK had the same problem on 3DS release on most of his smashes and his "trails" were fixed to show exactly the range and duration of the attack. He wasn't buffed or nerfed, he was just made more obvious to the player.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I wasn't saying it's a bad hitbox placement or whatever. What I mean is, when you throw the attack it looks like it can hit earlier than it actually can which confuses people.

As you play more with Mewtwo you will learn to know when and where you can actually hit with the attack and understand the attack better, the attack itself isn't bad.

MK had the same problem on 3DS release on most of his smashes and his "trails" were fixed to show exactly the range and duration of the attack. He wasn't buffed or nerfed, he was just made more obvious to the player.
Well actually he got knockback buffs on nair and bair but yeah.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Honestly if I were the guy patching/balancing Mewtwo I would do the following:

Quality of Life changes:

1. Fix B-Air, U-Air and U-Tilt animations so that it's perfectly clear when the hitbox starts and ends (Some people claim F-Air also has this problem, but I've never seen it, so I don't know if also fix F-Air or not).
2. Fix the "self-windbox" at the end of aerial Teleport. This would remove the "landing slide" Teleport tech, but it would also remove Mewtwo's inability to sweetspot the ledge whenever there's any solid object close to the edge (making him bounce off and SD).

Nerfs:

Buffs:

1. N-Air always performs the last hit upon landing (like many other multi-hit aerials).
2. N-Air's hitbox increased in size.
3. Lower N-Air's start-up by a few frames (Maybe down to 4-5 frames instead of 7).
Note: Basically make N-Air Mewtwo's true anti-air and anti-juggle aerial by giving it a faster startup, more reliable hitbox and a safe way to land it.
4. Disable now deals a decent amount of Shield Damage (it can already be avoided in many ways, make it at least relatively unsafe to shield yet not excessive).
5. Down-Smash's vertical hitbox increased (Only the vertical hitbox so that it can hit through platforms and hit people hanging from the ledge on all stages. No need to increase it's horizontal hitbox).
6. Buff his Grab range slightly.
7. Buff Teleport slightly. I think the fairest way to go about this would be lowering it's start up a bit (and maybe the frames where Mewtwo is intangible). That way it can still be punished by someone expecting it, while having a buffed overall speed. The buffed overall speed will stop chars like Falcon, Mario, etc from just being able to throw an U-Air after you've teleported and still being able to fast fall down on you with a D-Air before you can react from Teleport, but the endlag staying the same will allow for opponents who were expecting the Teleport to still be able to punish effectively.

Apart from this I don't think Mewtwo needs much. He is a solid character to be honest, not top tier material but a good contender for high-mid tier as long as his juggling/combo food issue gets worked on. I honestly don't think he needs to be heavy or anything like that.
I like this list, though Mewtwo can always be hit during the invisible portion of his teleport in my experience. Bowser utilt has hit me between platforms I am teleporting to.

I would just add the following:
Fsmash no longer whiffs at point blank range.
Jab no longer whiffs on short characters.
Grabs no longer whiff on short characters.

Quality of life stuff. These things have cost me way too many matches. A slight frame advantage on Confusion, and a little more hitstun on jab, would be lovely, though. If I could have everything, more guaranteed combos at midrange % would be nice.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Looking at Mewtwo's moveset as a whole, I see why some of the shortcomings his moves have exist.

His grab is short simply because he has a command grab with significantly better range. Look at Ganon: his grab
is not only terribly short but also laggy, yet he has that lovely Flame Choke. A very similar case to Mewtwo happens to be Robin.
Bowser is the only one whose command grab is shorter than his regular (especially the pivot).

His fsmash has a dead spot because that happens to be the spot dsmash covers better, so it was likely done so that
it wouldn't be outclassed by fsmash in utility.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I like how instead of working on metagame development for Mewtwo, this whole board is pretty much completely dead except for the social and the topics complaining about his shortcomings.

Nice.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Dr. Mario, Check
Mewtwo, Check
Lucas, Check
Roy, Check

Now all that are left are...

Wolf
The leader of the rival team: Star Wolf is looking more likely every day! But every supporter counts. :3 http://smashboards.com/threads/cant-let-you-cut-me-sakurai-wolf-for-dlc.324209/page-128
Ice Climbers
These two kids had some trouble working on the 3Ds version, but with the proper adjustments, I believe that SoPo won't be the only way they can rejoin the fight. Let's support a fellow veteran in their darkest hour!
http://smashboards.com/threads/brea...ion-thread-under-new-ownership.324176/page-71
Squirtle
This Pokémon was most likely worked on before, and maybe even after Charizard's reveal. Popularity was the only thing keeping him out then, and it's the only thing keeping him out now. He needs your support now more than ever! http://smashboards.com/threads/squi...-squirtle-in-the-fighter-ballot.380462/page-2
Ivysaur
Ivysaur was cut along side Squirtle because Charizard was more popular. Ivysaur is going to need your help so he can join Squirtle and Charizard back into the fray with a shiny new Down Special!
http://smashboards.com/threads/ivys...-the-smash-ballot.386368/page-6#post-19460373
Snake
Most people think Snake can't get in because he is owned by a third party company that isn't doing well, and that de wouldn't fit the cartooney style of Super Smash Bros. for the 3Ds/Wii U. It's time to show them how wrong they are, and with enough support, anything can happen!
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-solid-snake-for-smash-dlc-thread-new-revamped-op.324205/page-174
Young Link
Young Link was cut back in Brawl, supposedly replaced by Toon Link. It's time to show everyone how different Young Link can be from Toon Link. The dawn of the third day is upon us. This is Young Link's last chance!
http://smashboards.com/threads/dawn...hope-for-moveset-changes-rises.324215/page-12
Pichu
This poor Pokémon has been the center of hate for years. Not only was he a Pikachu clone, but he hurt himself when using an electric attack. But now that Sakurai has shown us that he is willing to put work into the clone veterans, Pichu has a chance to become something better, and more unique. All he needs is the support!
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-cute-baby-pokémon-the-melee-underdog-pichu-for-dlc-discussion-under-new-ownership-vote-now.324198/page-14
Now is our time! Let's get our veterans Back!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now that Mewtwo has enough development in the metagame, how do you people rank him now? Do you think he's viable? And what are his best / worst matchups according to you?

Spirst

My opinion on the character is admittedly a bit lower than the positivity I had a month ago. After really playing him, I feel like he has a tough time against the upper echelon of characters such as Sheik, Sonic, Yoshi, Falcon, Fox (who can literally just AA him to death since the DJ is too slow), Sonic, Mega Man, etc. From what I'd read on this board, that sentiment is shared by a number of other Mewtwo players as well. That alone is enough to severely cripple his viability seeing as how those characters are prevalent in competitive settings because of their strengths. While I think he can do fine on a local level (like just about every other character), his inherent character flaws will prevent him from ever being a real threat in the meta.

He does have some cool tricks like Teleport ledge cancels, B-Reverse/Wavebounce Confusion, Disable, and a decent combo game but he doesn't seem equipped to truly succeed since he lacks weight (a big one since in a game where rage exists and KOing is a bit difficult, dying at Jigglypuff levels while being twice her size is nothing to boast about), safe attacks other than dtilt/threatening frame data, has a bad grab, and so on.

On the plus side, he has an amazing airdodge, good KO power (though can be a little hard to put it into execution), a strong recovery, pretty good mobility with his airspeed rivaling DK and Mario for 7th, and interesting options like Nair OoS. I just don't think it's enough to really compete.

His best matchups are probably characters with mediocre mobility and don't have many safe KO setups. Not sure who that translates to. WFT maybe?

Worst are characters that don't care much about Nair OOS, can KO well, and have good mobility and a punish game. Like said above, that comprises a good amount of the high/top characters. Most of those matchups feel like just trying to be safe, and avoid pressure and combos to the point where it's difficult to establish an offensive presence.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
As a wise man once said, Mewtwo would be worlds better if he just gained weight and didn't have the ****tiest grab in the game (save for maybe PAC-MAN in terms of speed). Even if everything else went completely unchanged, he'd probably be a solid mid-tier with those changes.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
My opinion on the character is admittedly a bit lower than the positivity I had a month ago. After really playing him, I feel like he has a tough time against the upper echelon of characters such as Sheik, Sonic, Yoshi, Falcon, Fox (who can literally just AA him to death since the DJ is too slow), Sonic, Mega Man, etc. From what I'd read on this board, that sentiment is shared by a number of other Mewtwo players as well. That alone is enough to severely cripple his viability seeing as how those characters are prevalent in competitive settings because of their strengths. While I think he can do fine on a local level (like just about every other character), his inherent character flaws will prevent him from ever being a real threat in the meta.

He does have some cool tricks like Teleport ledge cancels, B-Reverse/Wavebounce Confusion, Disable, and a decent combo game but he doesn't seem equipped to truly succeed since he lacks weight (a big one since in a game where rage exists and KOing is a bit difficult, dying at Jigglypuff levels while being twice her size is nothing to boast about), safe attacks other than dtilt/threatening frame data, has a bad grab, and so on.

On the plus side, he has an amazing airdodge, good KO power (though can be a little hard to put it into execution), a strong recovery, pretty good mobility with his airspeed rivaling DK and Mario for 7th, and interesting options like Nair OoS. I just don't think it's enough to really compete.

His best matchups are probably characters with mediocre mobility and don't have many safe KO setups. Not sure who that translates to. WFT maybe?

Worst are characters that don't care much about Nair OOS, can KO well, and have good mobility and a punish game. Like said above, that comprises a good amount of the high/top characters. Most of those matchups feel like just trying to be safe, and avoid pressure and combos to the point where it's difficult to establish an offensive presence.
Mewtwo sucks. The post.

Character relies on tricks and deception too much. And in some cases fights can be one sided where Mewtwo has the advantage but can suddenly end in complete failure once the opponent wises up and then you lose.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yea I am still playing a lot of Mewtwo but I've mostly given up on him competitively. I mean my day 1 Roy was doing tons better against people I play with literally 0 experience.

Also it saddens me to see how Lucas has some moves that act close to Mewtwo's but are just 1000 times better even though Lucas already has stats that far surpass Mewtwo in every sense.

Like I honestly don't understand how Mewtwo was balanced in relation to how the new DLC chars were, it honestly feels like Mewtwo wasn't balanced in a 1v1 scenario at all, he was probably just balanced in 4 man FFA games in which his KO potential becomes a huge threat.

Like Spirst I also feel much more negatively about Mewtwo nowadays. Unlike other people I wouldn't place him at the very bottom (heard a lot of people say he's bottom 5) but I would probably place him relatively low in any tier list.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
he was probably just balanced in 4 man FFA games in which his KO potential becomes a huge threat.
I wouldn't even say that, because in a crazy match with attacks flying everywhere, he's dead in 30 seconds because he's so damn light. He clearly has no thought put into his balancing.

Merkabo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Merkabo
3DS FC
2895-8009-7813
You know, honestly I feel he has extremely viable tools and a more versatile move set than a majority of the cast. It's just that he's on a very fine line balance wise (much like fighters like Ganon) where if you were to increase his weight or speed, even just a little, it could make the character extremely over powered.
You have characters like sheik, who can make very fast and fluid low risk movements and attacks, so it makes sense that when someone like mewtwo comes along, with his slower, disjointed hitboxes that he is considered weak and garbage in competitive play.

I feel like the key to success with him is using him properly revolve around using your specials in unorthodox ways and changing the way you move around the stage using things like shadow ball, confusion, and teleport, to make sure your opponent is unable to get any strong reads on your movements and causing them to make mistakes, leading the way to a punish. Btw. You'd be surprised how easy it actually is to punish with mewtwo. Sure, a lot of his moves have some nasty end lag, but you'd be surprised how fast they initially pop out, along with the different ways you can use them. For example, if you dash into an usmash can cause yourself to slide a great deal during the course of the attack, allowing for some crazy punishes.

Mewtwo isn't really all that weak. I've never felt that much weaker, if at all, than other characters I play when I use him. He's just so different and strange in comparison to the rest of the cast that he takes a bit of a different mindset to play.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I think Mewtwo is a good character that requires a lot of thinking to do well with unlike characters like ZSS or pre-patch Diddy that don't require much commitment or skill. He's got a very good off stage and aerial game, one of the best projectiles in the game, a great recovery, a great jab, and good mobility. He's also really powerful on hit. The problems mostly stem from his ability to easily get hit and KOed and hitting with the powerful moves. I think he's missing a few things that could make him compete in the tournament scene extremely well, but I feel he can hold his own with careful play and I don't consider him to be bad at all.

If I had to buff anything for Mewtwo, it would be a faster up air, more accurate animations for the tail attacks, and perhaps make it easier to follow up from down throw (not necessary IMO but it would be cool). I'm not expecting a weight buff, but I'd certainly welcome it if it were to happen. The most I'd expect would be for him to have a weight of 78-79 since it's obvious that he was designed to be a light character. I think that would be a fairly good balance so that he's light, but not TOO light where he's getting KOed at unreasonably low percents.

I think he's a very fun character and I know he could definitely get over the hump with these changes. I'm glad to see him back and I feel that he's still way more fun and definitely more viable than Melee.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
You know, honestly I feel he has extremely viable tools and a more versatile move set than a majority of the cast. It's just that he's on a very fine line balance wise (much like fighters like Ganon) where if you were to increase his weight or speed, even just a little, it could make the character extremely over powered.
You have characters like sheik, who can make very fast and fluid low risk movements and attacks, so it makes sense that when someone like mewtwo comes along, with his slower, disjointed hitboxes that he is considered weak and garbage in competitive play.

I feel like the key to success with him is using him properly revolve around using your specials in unorthodox ways and changing the way you move around the stage using things like shadow ball, confusion, and teleport, to make sure your opponent is unable to get any strong reads on your movements and causing them to make mistakes, leading the way to a punish. Btw. You'd be surprised how easy it actually is to punish with mewtwo. Sure, a lot of his moves have some nasty end lag, but you'd be surprised how fast they initially pop out, along with the different ways you can use them. For example, if you dash into an usmash can cause yourself to slide a great deal during the course of the attack, allowing for some crazy punishes.

Mewtwo isn't really all that weak. I've never felt that much weaker, if at all, than other characters I play when I use him. He's just so different and strange in comparison to the rest of the cast that he takes a bit of a different mindset to play.
He's mid tier at best, right now I think. Making him as heavy as Mario won't make him unbalanced.. I don't even think making him as heavy as Samus would make him OP. Look at Yoshi. Incredibly fast, incredibly heavy,and lagless and strong smash attacks and aerials. Mewtwo has a better projectile, and throws, but all of his aerials and smash attacks can whiff. Not to mention many of his attacks are laggy. Extra movement speed for Mewtwo won't help him that much, though faster/less frames will.

And to Tartoon.. I'd welcome Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake in that order. I don't mind squirtle and ivysaur. Pichu left a really bad taste in my mouth and must never come back. YL, only if he has a moveset based on Majora's mask.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Do a SHAD Uair and it's pretty hard to miss.

Incidentally, that move would be a great approach option if it actually hit in front of him.

I don't want Mewtwo to be top tier. I just want a few things fixed (pretty much Rayks' post) and a few things fixed with other characters (Hi Fox). Then I'll be a happy little cat man.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Despite putting all of my time in true last two months into Mewtwo, I still get slogged at locals. Then I pick Bowser and rock people.

Pretty much every aspect of Mewtwo is lacking. Even Shadow Ball, which everyone applauds, is a pretty crappy projectile. Slow startup unless you are chargin means it rarely punishes, no charge hitbox, can be perfect shielded for a lot of lost effort, and takes way too long to KO. No one should be surviving a charged Shadow Ball at 120%. This thing should hit like Bowser's Fsmash for all the effort it takes.

Confusion is a garbage move as a grab and a reflector. Ironically, its best usage is mobility.

Disable comes into play maybe once a match if we are lucky. You could remove it and not care.

The teleport is far too vulnerable.

Mewtwo's normals are crap outside of Dtilt. Our jab should have gotten the Diddy buff.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
D Tilt should have the knockback it had in Melee. It also felt faster somehow.

Agree with changes on the N Air. This move should be able to be used far more often. Less cooldown would help, as well as more range. I think even Melee had better range on N Air...

B Air could use more range.

F Air same way, but the hitbox duration also should be longer I feel.

U Tilt needs to be fixed, this move is just weird now.

Smashes all could use even more KO power, range, more disjointed-ness, and could come out faster to help him punish better.

Dash Attack could have longer duration to.

Weight needs an absolute buff, mobility buffs also would be nice. Teleport should be able to help getting out of sticky situations to I feel (say, Fox's jabs). Grab range also needs to be buffed.

Shadow Ball could also be stronger indeed, and do way more shield damage.

Confusion needs to follow up to something guranteed.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I still dont think Mewtwo is bad since he is still viable. he is still far from bad but however there are better characters sadly.
that doesnt mean I dont use him.

the only thing I really want is Faster attacks. great example if he could act out from his DThrow as fast as example Lucas, meaning that you can DThrow -> FAir as a true combo.
the list of speed buff I want to have:

a must for me:
DThrow End Lag
UAir
UTilt
Confusions End Lag
Shadow Ball Start up or Charge

buff speed that would be nice:
Landing UAir
DAir
FAir End Lag
Disables Start up (so a Jab -> Disable is a true combo)
Landing NAir (I know it got a 3 frames earlier interupt speed buff but I want more cause he has a 5~ frame IASA in the Air)

and we need hitbox corrections on Jab and Grab

I know that many want a weight buff, but I want more of a speed buff. that way he can use his power with his speed to combo the foe and kill them. that way he can truely be a glass canon. I do know many are asking him having more power but if he has speed, he doesnt need more power cause he still can kill early

TL;DR version: Give him a "Ike" speed buff and he will be much better

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I still dont think Mewtwo is bad since he is still viable. he is still far from bad but however there are better characters sadly.
that doesnt mean I dont use him.

the only thing I really want is Faster attacks. great example if he could act out from his DThrow as fast as example Lucas, meaning that you can DThrow -> FAir as a true combo.
the list of speed buff I want to have:

a must for me:
DThrow End Lag
UAir
UTilt
Confusions End Lag
Shadow Ball Start up or Charge

buff speed that would be nice:
Landing UAir
DAir
FAir End Lag
Disables Start up (so a Jab -> Disable is a true combo)
Landing NAir (I know it got a 3 frames earlier interupt speed buff but I want more cause he has a 5~ frame IASA in the Air)

and we need hitbox corrections on Jab and Grab

I know that many want a weight buff, but I want more of a speed buff. that way he can use his power with his speed to combo the foe and kill them. that way he can truely be a glass canon. I do know many are asking him having more power but if he has speed, he doesnt need more power cause he still can kill early

TL;DR version: Give him a "Ike" speed buff and he will be much better
Buff everything. The post.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
I'm really sad that Mewtwo didn't get any help in the latest patch. Shadow Ball needs a charging hitbox, grab range needs to be buffed and the hitboxes on all his aerials need some serious realignment to match the goddamn animations. Seriously, all his aerials are so unbelievably whiffy, except for D-air.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm really sad that Mewtwo didn't get any help in the latest patch. Shadow Ball needs a charging hitbox, grab range needs to be buffed and the hitboxes on all his aerials need some serious realignment to match the goddamn animations. Seriously, all his aerials are so unbelievably whiffy, except for D-air.
Uair got better but not by much.

Confusion really should act as a footstool. For as much as we hate getting hit I feel like such a weak thing having to put up a shield after the move.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
Uair got better but not by much.

Confusion really should act as a footstool. For as much as we hate getting hit I feel like such a weak thing having to put up a shield after the move.
Wouldn't that be a bit OP? So basically confusion would equal free jab lock... yeah, a little OP. Confusion into uncharged shadow ball would be an actual thing then lol.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Wouldn't that be a bit OP? So basically confusion would equal free jab lock... yeah, a little OP. Confusion into uncharged shadow ball would be an actual thing then lol.
I think Sheik being able to throw out a Fair immediately after a confusion and if we are even one frame off putting a shield up we take a hit is a little OP but it's all clear skies over there.

Besides. Confusion is a command grab and if it lands Mewtwo should be rewarded. Not the other way around.

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
I think Sheik being able to throw out a Fair immediately after a confusion and if we are even one frame off putting a shield up we take a hit is a little OP but it's all clear skies over there.

Besides. Confusion is a command grab and if it lands Mewtwo should be rewarded. Not the other way around.
Being rewarded with a free jab lock is too much lol. >.< That pretty much gives you a free disable and smash attack from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom