• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mewtwo chain grab guide

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
well chain grpabbin really depends on the character you are fighting and the percent that they are at. Your are probably going to be useing a combination of Dthrow following up with a WD Dtilt into another Dthrow. idk that's the only way I know how to al least.

~(Ganondorf)~

Smash Cadet
essen,germany,europe.but im a greek dude^^
hmm ok then i just got to know the percents and the characters that allows me to chaingrab,´cause i thought there exists another way to chaingrab but its sadly still this way...but maybe someone knows another way or even the list of the percentes where the characters are chaingrabable at...

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
well some chars. are easier to chain than others. Ie. fast fallers, especially shik who is extreamly prone to the Dtilt Dthrow combo. The sapce animals (fox and falco) are usaually possible to chain at upwards of 70% i think. I personally like to at lower percents ie. under 30 like to Uthrow to shadow claw. Other than that just play a few differn't characters and see what works best. hope this helps

quak

Smash Champion
there is no chain grabs with mewtwo, NONE. D-throw is DI'd out of by DI'ing away, the best you can hope for is a tech chase.

you can grab combo fastfallers with up throw, but it's very limited, so far the longest loop i've gotten was upthrown, uair, uair, dilit, grab. But you can't repeat it, as they'll will go up too high to be hit by the uair again.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
while there is no true "combo" grab for M2 there are ways to do it. ie. Dthrow followed up with a WD Dtilt. as long as the opponent is at the correct percent.

quak

Smash Champion
and doesn't tech......

the only way to link something with the D-throw is to catch your opponent off gaurd, so he doesn't DI, or to tech chase.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
and doesn't tech......

the only way to link something with the D-throw is to catch your opponent off gaurd, so he doesn't DI, or to tech chase.
After the dthrow, depending on the percent, you can hit them with the dtilt before they hit the ground, so they don't tech.

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, i used to think the same thing ( as airo knows ) but no, it totally doesn't work. Have you friend DI away, and you will see why. It's not that you can't d-tilt him before he techs, its that you can't reach him if he's DI'ing away, or you don't have enough time to wd before the d-tilt.

Try it before you respond again.

Metà

Smash Master
no.. lies

it is a FACT that mewtwo has no chaingrabs.

you cant 'dtilt them before they hit the ground' because they are out of your range.
you cant close in and dtilt because it is not fast enough
You are wrong Airo. Mewtwo can chaingrab.

Metal box anyone?

quak

Smash Champion
unless your playing with items..... and if you still are, your not at the stage of learning how to chain grab anyway

Metà

Smash Master
unless your playing with items..... and if you still are, your not at the stage of learning how to chain grab anyway
I occasionally enjoy a good item FFA once in a while. Oh the memories... I have some really cheap combos now with items though. My favourite is throwing a screw attack at someone, then resting them as they fall. =P

quak

Smash Champion
before we get back to the thread topic that has already been answered, screw attacks, freezies, pokeballs, bomb-ombs, and mines all set on very high apperance is my favorite item set for FFA.

If not, soley screw attacks, very high frequency. Chaining screw attacks FTW!

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
Depends on DI. You can't truly "chaingrab" but if you dthrow immediately before they can react and DI you can get a dtilt to grab combo in (depends on char and percentage of course). And as said above, techchasing adds length to your combo. If you expect the DI out of a dthrow you can often wdash and hit them with a dtilt again (but watch out for their quick neutral air attacks).

It all depends on the feel you opponent gives you.

Top Bottom