• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo can autocancel onto the ground and platforms with teleport.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I accidentally discovered this as I was messing around with teleport things this morning. As far as I know I've seen no M2 players apply this in any match I've watched, and I haven't seen anyone discussing it, so I decided to make a video demonstration. I don't normally make videos with audio commentary so don't be surprised if I sound like I'm stumbling my speech a bit :p

http://youtu.be/7l1R3hhHeV0

Master Raven

Smash Master
Sorry, I didn't realize. If this thread is unnecessary then feel free to lock it or something.

iamanobody

Smash Rookie
I don't mean this to come off as snappy, but day 1 tech or not, it's powerful, worthy of discussion, not being discussed and not being used by players on video. If there are people applying it, I've never seen them and none of the big name players are among them, judging by their videos. If you can give examples of people using it I'd be interested to see it.

Go ahead and share your thoughts. Your video was a very good introduction. I think you should have also included the point that you can teleport through platforms while standing on them by falling or jumping and then teleporting(JC teleport; you just need to be in the opening frames of your jump, I believe); otherwise M2 just teleports forward. Bringing up its potential use in combos would also be good(simple ex: dtilt>uair>teleport DF>utilt or double teleports using platforms to connect otherwise impossible combos/strings, like maybe fair>teleport>teleport>fair on yoshi's story at certain percents). Combined with the fact that teleport is virtually impossible to edge guard, you can use it to make your edge camping game pretty much the best in Smash history because of the fact that at any point you can teleport onto the stage with no lag(and not only that but you have a chargeable projectile which you can charge while edge camping with very little risk). It's pretty ridiculous, honestly, and I can't grasp why no one does it.

I use this technique all the time, and because hitting the right angle to teleport onto a platform can be very difficult to do consistently I'd even say it will be one of the things that separates the great m2s from the average ones, but I've been hesitant to discuss it because I don't know whether it's intended and I'm a scumbag like that.

Last edited:

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
ve got a bunch of videos on YouTube under mk0 mewtwo should be able to see it on there on a few match. Smash god has a couple of videos as well where he uses it to get effect and I think those are archived on twitch TV. Just because m2k and kdj aren't using it doesn't mean others aren't and I would actually consider smash god to be the current best mewtwo in terms of movement fluidity based on what I've seen.

There really isn't all that much to discuss simply because the amount of stuff that you can do with it is pretty ridiculous and is only limited by the stage and your imagination.

I might say more when I finish working

iamanobody

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I did see you use it a couple times. Even so, my message was that it's not getting the community-wide use and discussion it deserves given its broad applications, so the thread's existence is well justified. For the record I have watched Smashg0d and quite a few other players, not just m2k and kdj, but haven't seen him or anyone but you use it outside of recovery(which is more or less just the obvious thing to do rather than an actual application of the technique in my opinion). Maybe I need to watch harder, but I do look for it specifically.

It's a very broadly useful technique and maybe it is hard to think of things to say about it because of that, but it definitely opens up combo options and/or character specific strategies(for example, against many characters with spammable projectiles that have slow startup you can react to their projectile animation and teleport to the ground or double teleport) and things like that that wouldn't be hard to talk about.

Last edited:

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
i tried to make a list of possibilities for the teleport auto cancel but seriously there's too many damn ways to use it lol

if there's a teleport to ground at the right distance you can use it, abusing it right would make mewtwo one of the fastest characters in the game but im sure we'd need amsah level tech skill to get to that ideal.

AstraEDM

Smash Ace
one of my favorite ways to get on the stage from ledge is to jump back, tele straight forward, and autoland into grab. one great thing about mewtwo is that he goes from recovering to offense near-instantly.

Top Bottom