• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mew2King drops out of Smash 4 at EVO 2016

Jason "Mew2king" Zimmerman, a clear contender for a top spot at Evo 2016's Super Smash Bros. Wii U tournament, has decided to drop out of the aforementioned event.

After a similar situation at CEO 2016, it is surprising to see Team Echo Fox's multi-game titan quit. As of this time, he has not said anything regarding his decision.

For more coverage on EVO 2016, stay tuned on Smashboards.

Last edited:

Comments

I bet its because of that friend he was talking about on stream a little bit back. the man was crying. i think its affecting him greatly.

Very sad news.
I really expect TO's to be more open to schedule discussion about Melee and Smash4 in the future.
Two different games that many players play both.
M2K brings viewers, as it was already stated in previous tourneys. Everyone lost in this situation (mainly M2K).

I wish him good luck at Melee, but I really think he had more chances as a "underdog" at Smash4 (where he is now really good) then beating Hungrybox and Armada in the same day. Maybe I'm wrong and that's a path that only he can choose anyway.

Last edited:
I bet its because of that friend he was talking about on stream a little bit back. the man was crying. i think its affecting him greatly.
It's because of the Melee and Smash 4 schedule. The friend from before catfished him and he knows about it.

Well, it's better to stick to your roots than a roll of the dice.

Wait, he dropout of CEO Smash 4 as well?

Last edited:
IDK why things became so messed up. How does somebody mess this kind of stuff up? we hve been doing tournaments for years...
but to be fair though, I am not in the TO's shoes.

I bet it was because he lost to SupergirlKels at CEO not too long ago. If a player as good as she is, better yet a girl, can beat Mew2King like she did, then a player as famous as he is could pratically lose to anyone. He probably needs time to recollect himself after a huge disappointment at his last event.

Top Bottom