• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

metroid1117 vs theeboreone

metroid1117

Smash Master
I posted this at AllisBrawl, but I didn't see any harm in posting these here. Any comments, feedback, or criticism (although it's hard to give criticism in dittos) for either player is greatly appreciated. However, keep in mind that (1) these are Wi-fi and (2) all matches are Ike dittos.

Match 1
Match 2
Match 2.5
Match 3
Match 4
Match 5 <-------- Dang, I got owned in this one
Match 5.5
Match 6
Match 7
Match 8

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice Ike. We play a bit differently, so it's a bit tough to comment.

One of the things I didn't see too much was hitting Ike out of aether with fair. IMO it's one of the easiest ways for one Ike to gimp the other. at low percents, it could pressure them with a walk off aerial or take a stock off by grabbing the edge, and at mid to higher percents, gimp. I noticed bored trying to do it a lot more(but messing up most of the time). It's much easier than trying to spike it.

Another is that you tried walk off aerials so much, bored expected and reacted accordingly to it over time. If the other ike is a good distance away, I recommend just timing a quick hug to the edge and that's one more stock off the opponent.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
With proper timing, you can walk off dair and still make it back on top of the stage with aether. Secondly, if you leave tap jump on (which wouldnt interfere with tilts if you get into the habit of using your tilt stick for up tilt) you can do aether directly from the water, in the case of delfino. Also, in the case of ike dittos, you guys should realize that fsmash is safe on block. Which is to say that yes you could get jabbed or something silly if it gets spot dodged but baiting a dodge anywhere but the very end of a potentially charged fsmash is asking to lose a stock by someone baiting you once then just charging it accordingly to hit as punishment so it's a fairly safe option in an ike ditto.

In another sense of weird sakurai irony, like d3 being susceptible to his own infinite or sheik being one of the few that locks into her own ftilt, or lylat being ****ing terrible for the 3 star fox characters, is that ike actually can't do very much about his own WoP. Spaced autocanceled bairs leave the ike using it at a positional and tactical advantage while the best the second ike can do is spot dodge it and try to punish, attempt to counter and hope the first ike dumbjumps right into it, or attempt to go over it, which the first ike would have more than enough time to react to it. Bored used to punish the hell out of me for using counter whatsoever so it was weird to see him use it twice in a row on match one but he got it out of his system quickly.

Nice attempt at jab to dtilt on match 2, and good use of combat walking on bored's part. His recovery choice (never recovering low, using DJ too close to the stage) coupled with a tendency not to DI up though is a quick and easy way for him to lose a stock though. Immediately jumping back means you're more than free to throw a spike attempt a good 99% of the time and never risk either missing or getting hit for it.

Rolling up from the ledge is never the option, remember that >_>

Top Bottom