• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid: SR388 (Best fangame EVER)

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Oh wow...

Metroid 2 was the first game in the series that I ever played. Even after playing the superior Super Metroid and the other more well-known Metroid games, there was still something unique about Metroid 2 that I just preferred. And I always thought that the various Metroid evolution stages were way cooler than the big/small metroids in SM, or the phazon forms in Prime.

I'm looking forwards to this! I hope Nintendo takes notice and offers to actually market this game for the DS or something.

OnceAgain

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, only the second link you posted is "Metroid: SR388" by Vonrichter. the others are not his work (since his game is not a remake) I'm a big fan of vonrichter so I want to make sure you dont mistake his game for a metroid 2 remake :)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yeah, I was also about to say that. There are two Metroid fanprojects at the moment. Vonrichter's is a total re-writing of Metroid 2 using 90% original graphics, while DoctorM64's game is more of a straight-up remake using pre-existing graphics.

I just really hope that Vonrichter won't stray too far from the plot.

Top Bottom