• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid Animation series~ Recruiting a Team :P

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
I plan on making a Metroid animation series, its going to take a team effort and if this is something you sound interested in or plan on seeing in the future, contact me/ send me your Skype, I plan on making this look professional, so if you don't think you can do anything like that no worries we will have training in case you really want to be a part of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5NPGyXGQvM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyUbOn8cjzc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvlmiJS9zc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYW7-hNXZlM&feature=relmfu
These are movies and episodes that demonstrate the type of animation level I'm trying to achieve
Any and all comments, concerns, please do ^ _ ^

Ganon-YOURFACE

Smash Rookie
Animation series? how long is each episode going to be, and i guess you will be doing it in flash right, much faster then traditional.

I like metroid but i dont know the story well, are you going to stick to nintendos story or make your own with a little twist to it? (strictly as fanart though)

I think it would be a fun and great project, i have no doubts it would gain quite a bit of popularity too if done correct.

I would be kinda intrested, but i need more details :)

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
Each episode is going to be 20-30 minutes tops and its going to include a original fan made storyline with a twist in the plots and characters, some original remixed intro song, I plan on making this very detailed and eye pleasing on the visual side, I want a good voice actor to play samus also all the other characters as well, and this is going to be done in flash and I want to design team efforts in this project such as: color, outliner, details, proportions, shadows and light ,I willing to hear any and all ideas from anyone, but I really need some help with this so please contact me back and this is non profit just so everyone understands

Ganon-YOURFACE

Smash Rookie
Ahhh ok so these will be a legit full epsisode lol, for some reason i was thinking like a webepisode of like 8 mins a episode. Will need alot of hands on deck for a project like this.

I thought i would try to make a flash samus, a classic simple design, so in like 20 mins this is what i came up with.
She is fully boned and ready to be animated, but it still looks kinda sloppy cause i quickly rushed it together.

what was the style you were going for?

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Please try not to double post.

I think Ganon-YOURFACE is right that this seems like a pretty huge project and you'll need a lot of really good people on board. Especially considering they aren't getting paid for their time.

Not that a small, dedicated group can't pull off amazing things, but maybe start with a smaller animation project and build up from there once you have a better idea of what you've got to work with and what you want to improve on. Because it sounds like you want a half hour show with every single frame having at least this quality of rendering:

Which... might take a really long time right off the bat like this.

Would definitely be cool if you could pull this off though. How many episodes do you have planned?

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
Im unsure about how many episodes there will be but depending on popularity and views then more will be determined

Ganon-YOURFACE

Smash Rookie
to have a 30 min cartoon series with a art style like that running at 25 fps, would take a stadium of animators, just as disney did it. Probably around 6 months or more to finish one episode i beleive.

the concept would be beutifull, but sometimes less can be more. So in logic you would need a army of proffesional animators putting in 8 hours a day.

I dont mean to sound like a jerk but the ideal design is much to hard for a volunteer non pro group to tackle lol.

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
Even though its seem impossible, I know that it can be done and I won't stop till I make it a reality and your words of dis-encouragement shall not break my spirit, I've made a 20 minute animation in two weeks by myself and with a team of people I'm sure a 30 minute animation series is nothing, if you don't believe its possible that will only make me work harder to prove you wrong

Ganon-YOURFACE

Smash Rookie
i am not trying to break your goals, I am sure if your passionate/work hard enough you can achieve those goals.

maybe look around deviant art too and see if there is some more people you can recruit who may be intrested, I am not sure where else you could recruit off the top of my head though.

i wish you the best of luck.

:samusbrawl:

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
Does this mean your not up to this project? If not that's okay I would just like to know

:phone:

I'm going to make an animation sample by myself and then show you guys, its going to take a while so you know ^ . ^ demonstrating this Metroid Series, something to look forward too

Ganon-YOURFACE

Smash Rookie
yeah, I was thinking it was going to be alot more of a simple web cartoon on youtube.

I wont be able to take part, but i wish the best to you and your project.

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
K thanks Ganon-YOURFACE and sorry about double posting I finally understand what I did, at first I was like was that me? Sorry about that x3

:phone:

Angelo knox

Smash Rookie
Depending on the detail complexity, AUTO DESK's MAYA can do amazing 3D effects and movements. I wish that during your project that you will use the original metroid storyline but also i was hoping for amazing graphics such as the graphics of Metroid Other M. Also, i love all of samus's moves especially including spineshark, morphball, rockets, varia suit, gravity suit and all orher upgrades. I feel like you guys can make an animated series where samus has to earn back her powers and has to face very tough enemies such as ridly or kraid or motherbrain. As the series goes on i hope that you guys make it so she finds power ups, hidden rooms, bew suits and harder opponents. I also hope it looks amazingly real. Samus's voice should sound strong and confident as is her personality in most games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom