• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Methods for DI

Status
Not open for further replies.

xX1SHOt

Smash Rookie
Do most of you do use smash DI or slide DI?

And if you use smash DI does it help to just move the controller with your right hand to make the joystick in your left thumb shake fast?

Just trying to find the best method to do this maneuver of the joystick. Opinions?

D

Deleted member

I use smash DI

I don't shift the controller position but I just move my thumb really fast, very easy to DI to the right, somewhat hard to go to the left

Both are pretty good, just depends on your thumb speed. For me I can move further using smash DI over slide, but Smash DI way messes up your control stick in the long run

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Smash DI here.

It really depends on the way you hold the controller...I have a fairly different way of holding the control stick, between thumb and pointer, so DI is a cinch for me. On the other hand, I only play proper competitive online with a keyboard, and DI with the keyboard is very, very simple...

HiddenElf22

Smash Cadet
I'm glad this topic came up. I'm new to DI and have been trying to practice it on my console. When I know I need it, I can usually smash or slide DI, just kinda fast twitching of my thumb. But for me I always see moments where I should have used DI but I didn't because I was trying to do a move or not paying attention or something. My question is what's a good way to practice DI?

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
i use smash DI too
i'm exatly in the same situation of s2j,di to the right is easy,to the left is bad =/
Pratice DI with a person helping,put any char with a drill ,diggs and fox fit well,becouse with good di you totally get out their combos forcing them to try more difficult combos...
you can pratice even agains a pclvl9,just let him beat you ...
but train DI is strange and boring,you improve with the time..is just always remeber to try DI =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom