• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Method to reset attack decay?

juantendo8

Smash Cadet
As mostly anyone who is familiar with brawl knows, if you repeatedly use the same attack, it decays and loses damage and knockback. Using other attacks will help reset the decay, but I believe you need to do other attacks about 9 times to reset the first attack to full power.

With Meta, it ocurred to me to try to reset this decay whenever I had an opportunity such as after a KO. I found that the most efficient attack was up-air because it can be done VERY easily and quickly, especially from the edge.

My question is this. Will doing up-air repeatedly like ten times help Meta reset the decay on his other moves? It would mean a much easier time for Meta to KO which is very important for him. This would also mean that "KO" moves could be used more frequently and make Meta a much more potent finisher. Will someone please research this and find out if it really works, because if it did, I think it would be a HUGE boost to Meta's game. Thank you for all your help.:)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You have to hit something for the decay to go away so you can't just arbitrarily attack and have your decay removed. I use down tilts and up airs to get my decay down when I'm on a stage that has something I can hit but if I'm on a level without anything to hit then I use grab attacks, throws and the tornado.

juantendo8

Smash Cadet
Thanks, it didnt occur to me that you had to hit something. One last question, will doing the move, but not hitting anything cause it to decay?

Top Bottom