• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meteor smashes

u.f.o-yazi

Smash Rookie
O.k. I know what meteor smashes are but I was just wondering if any of you guys think it would be cool if you could charge up meteor smashes.

Personally i think that it would be pretty cool but there would probably be so much lag unless L-canceled if aerial.(I'm pretty sure all meteor smashes are aerial not quite sure though.)

Razed

Smash Ace
You mean freezing in mid-air for 1-3 seconds while you're waiting to hit someone?
I don't think that'd work too well =X

Corigames

Smash Hero
interesting prospect governor. I would have to try it out first before I came to a conclusion though.

Razed

Smash Ace
But just think of how stupid Gannon would look holding his Stomp while being magically suspended in mid-air...

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
Maybe not freeze in mid air, but just slow down a bit. Just a little, so as not to disrupt gameplay, but enough to mess with your opponent's head. And, like with the chargeable moves, (referring to smash moves) just use the C-stick for quick and easy uncharged ones.

Also, some meteor smashes are not aerials. Such as: Marth's sword dance, third one on the diagonal down combo (he turns blue and slashes down, great for humiliating you opponent whilst edgegaurding :laugh: )

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Maybe not freeze in mid air, but just slow down a bit. Just a little, so as not to disrupt gameplay, but enough to mess with your opponent's head.
You do know that by slowing down anything during gameplay, you ARE disrupting gameplay. Try playing Smash right now, and pause repeatedly when someone tries to do a Meteor Smash. Fun? No...just no.

Meteor Smashes are fine the way they are. Slowing down for them would be annoying especially every single time someone tries one...

Corigames

Smash Hero
You do know that by slowing down anything during gameplay, you ARE disrupting gameplay. Try playing Smash right now, and pause repeatedly when someone tries to do a Meteor Smash. Fun? No...just no.

Meteor Smashes are fine the way they are. Slowing down for them would be annoying especially every single time someone tries one...
So when you are roy or marth and you do the dancing sword move to get beck on, and you slow down a little bit/ when you are fox and you shine in the air you slow a little bit, or when you are begginning a fire fox and you are suspended in air / DK's smash B in the air suspends a little bit.

Those are all examples of slowing down mid air which could be similar to charging an air attack.

Metà

Smash Master
How about it doesn't slow them down in mid-air, but they continue falling while charging it. That's pretty much the only way it will work without horribly ****** the aerial flow and movement of the character. Have fun falling off the ledge while charging a METEOR SMASH, because you'll kill yourself doing it and they still just METEOR CANCEL if they're good enough. Or maybe if you charged it, it would be a spike. I dunno, this idea is just ********. Screw charging aerials, charging is for smash attacks and special moves. >.<

Top Bottom