• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meteor smash problem

WiryGamez11

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-5610-6716
I know that Roy's down air has a meteor effect if the opponent gets hit by the sweet spot of the blade: the hilt. But I don't know why I can't perform that meteor smash, even though I hit the opponent with the sweet spot. Do any of you know how I can raise my chance of getting that meteor smash?

medofbr

Smash Cadet
It's really not worth going for the meteor because it is so hard to hit, but if you really want it, SH off of the edge to get better positioning.

Fledge

Smash Cadet
I find it easier to meteor if the opponent is below and a little behind Roy, seems to sourspot the more in front and closer they are, so I usually RAR dair for meteor, or I'll double jump and fastfall so I have time to get the positioning more precise (though it's more readable/dodgeable). Short hop is great because it's fast and hard to read, though it seems easier to whiff, so practice in training mode helps a lot.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I'd be careful using your double jump to set up for the spike, tbh, because then you're offstage without a double jump, and a prime candidate for a reverse edge-guard. My personal playstyle tends to revolve around ledge pressure rather than offstage edgeguarding, but if you get the right read, a spike is definitely doable. Just takes practice.

Creeeamy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3994-5969
Roy's meteor is fairly easy to land with practice, it has to land during the start of the animation close to the hilt of the blade, go to training mode, or a level 1 cpu with 99 stock, and practise some setups such as jab to down air, it just takes a while. You also need to be careful of Roy's supbar recovery while doing this, don't drift too far.

Top Bottom