• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta's running grab

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing how Meta Knight continues to travel forward when attempting a grab while dashing. This allows him some great mixups and punishment options as his range on the grab is technically greater than others'.

I've just started working grabs into my game more. I was curious if others would be willing to share their general metagame with dashing grabs? Do you attempt for a grab frequently or rarely? When you land a grab, which throw do you prefer under what circumstances?

Of course I could theory out answers to these questions and see what my own experiences bring to me; but I would enjoy hearing some of your input.

Thanks in advance.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
i grab alot... but i still miss the running grab once and a while because his range is way longer than one would expect. I prefer the down throw, it does good damage and combos into fair well. Up throw can kill at very high percentages, and forward/back throw can be used to toss them off the stage for edgeguarding/arial strategies. Im also curious what the others will say. A good grab game can really make the difference.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i use dthrow alot, you can actually chain grab with it, it looks really delayed but its unexpected most of the time. you can also dthrow>upB for some quick dmg at lower % Fthrow is also very easy to link a fair or nair to.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Its a bit difficult for me to judge the distance of a dashgrab, still workin on that one. i like grabing people out of their dash attack or grabbing characters as they shoot at you through the air like pikachu or luigi. at higher percentages i use up throw cuz they bounce to the perfect hight for a b up. i use bthrow off the edge and go into aerials, or i'll use it and go into a da, uair, but that seems to be very situational. i use dthrow quite a bit, always useful. i rarely use fthrow.

Top Bottom