• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Slug: Anthropology FOR THE WII (NOT PS2/3)

I've played metal slug 3 and found it quite enjoyable. Are these games fun and last a while? I'm saving up for Spore and SSBB so I was just curious. I need to know if this game has high replay value (or will be challenging enough to last a couple of months) and is the multiplayer aspect of the game enjoyable? Also, I heard that when you throw a grenade you have to shake the Wii mote and ppl say that this makes the game twice as hard becuase it takes longer to use them, Is this true? Feedback or comments for my questions are appreciated. Thanks! :grin:

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I bought it, and I played it a ton at first. They're great games, but I admit, after playing it for a good 3-4 days I left it alone for awhile. Just yesterday, though, I popped it in again with my buddy and we had a great time playing Metal Slug 3. For the money that it would cost to buy/import all of these games, it is definitley worth it in my opinion. Even if you only play it while you have a buddy over.

It offers lots of control schemes, but I think the best is just with the Wiimote, holding it classic style and jumping with 1, shooting/knifing with 2, and grenading with B/Shaking Wii Remote. You of course move with the D-Pad. If you enjoy run 'n gun games, this is top notch, you can't find better games to suit your needs.

Like I said, it is fun single player, but it's funx10 with a friend. Keep that in mind when you decide to purchase it.

Shaking to grenade is actually quite enjoyable, I find it works just as good if not better than having nades mapped to a button, but if that doesn't suit your fancy, just press the trigger.

The game is VERY challenging, but you have unlimited continues unless you set it otherwise. To unlock concept art and character art, you have to beat the games with a limited number of continues, which is incredibly difficult.

Let's just say that if I had to pop a quarter each time I continued, I would be in major debt right now.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Pick this game up. It's only 40 bucks.

:)

It's Metal Slug Anthology, not Anthropology.
Wooops, I can't edit my title back. (Doh)

I bought it, and I played it a ton at first. They're great games, but I admit, after playing it for a good 3-4 days I left it alone for awhile. Just yesterday, though, I popped it in again with my buddy and we had a great time playing Metal Slug 3. For the money that it would cost to buy/import all of these games, it is definitley worth it in my opinion. Even if you only play it while you have a buddy over.

It offers lots of control schemes, but I think the best is just with the Wiimote, holding it classic style and jumping with 1, shooting/knifing with 2, and grenading with B/Shaking Wii Remote. You of course move with the D-Pad. If you enjoy run 'n gun games, this is top notch, you can't find better games to suit your needs.

Like I said, it is fun single player, but it's funx10 with a friend. Keep that in mind when you decide to purchase it.

Shaking to grenade is actually quite enjoyable, I find it works just as good if not better than having nades mapped to a button, but if that doesn't suit your fancy, just press the trigger.

The game is VERY challenging, but you have unlimited continues unless you set it otherwise. To unlock concept art and character art, you have to beat the games with a limited number of continues, which is incredibly difficult.

Let's just say that if I had to pop a quarter each time I continued, I would be in major debt right now.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Pick this game up. It's only 40 bucks
Thanks, and that grenade control scheme sounded wierd at first, I think this will be a great game. Still a little curious about the grenades, when you shake the Wii Mote does it come out much slower than the normal button pushing you'd do on the PS systems?

Top Bottom