• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight's Side B and a recovery question

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I have a question about MK's sideB for the people who played him. I was at E for all and whenever I used that attack it was a pretty much guarenteed hit. I pretty much eats up your shield, if you try to jump over it MK can just follow with it. Never tried, but the hitbox looks to be to big to spot dodge. On top of that it does crazy damage for one move with insane priority. How do we stop this attack? I know we wont know for sure, but we can speculate right? and if anyone had any experience with it at E for All, then all the better. Now about recovery, Mk's (and pits) recovery has been touted as awesome which is all well and good, but it seems like pretty much all the cast has a good recovery (minus Ike). When I was playing it seemed like noone had any trouble making it back to the stage when they were knocked off, unless im losing it, but it seems like KO's are going to be huge for getting kills more so than they were in melee. So anyone else notice this?

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I have a question about MK's sideB for the people who played him. I was at E for all and whenever I used that attack it was a pretty much guarenteed hit. I pretty much eats up your shield, if you try to jump over it MK can just follow with it. Never tried, but the hitbox looks to be to big to spot dodge. On top of that it does crazy damage for one move with insane priority. How do we stop this attack? I know we wont know for sure, but we can speculate right? and if anyone had any experience with it at E for All, then all the better. Now about recovery, Mk's (and pits) recovery has been touted as awesome which is all well and good, but it seems like pretty much all the cast has a good recovery (minus Ike). When I was playing it seemed like noone had any trouble making it back to the stage when they were knocked off, unless im losing it, but it seems like KO's are going to be huge for getting kills more so than they were in melee. So anyone else notice this?
1. When someone uses it, it's fairy easy to dodge if you are using a fast character. I had an MK vs. MK fight against my friend, and I found it incredibly easy to dodge. If you jump out of it and get behind him, he will have no way of hitting you without turning around. And the move wears off eventually.

2. Yeah, but up kills are still highly possible. MK's best killing move was his Up-Smash against nubs, and Pit's upsmash was also incredibly strong. But, aside from Peach, MK, Pit, and some others, not all of the cast has 4/5 jumps and an incredibly good recovery.
Ex: Yoshi, DK, Diddy, and many others. Samus's recovery has actually been nerfed since it is harder to do bomb-jumps.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsvIkex05yQ
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
my fav mk vid. shows him and sonic in sudden death, mk wins! :) also, at the end you can hear mk talk in his sexy non-spanishvoice.

dodge roll under mk when he does that. that or land an attack before you get hit.

also, i know whatcha mean. seems like meta knight can just keep floating and floating and floating and....

Top Bottom