• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight vs Ganon MU Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy!

Smash Cadet
Here is the Official Metaknight vs Ganon matchup thread.

Well myself i play Ganon, and think the matchup is pretty much 50/50, because of the fact that Ganon will kill metaknight in 4 or 5 moves, where as metaknight must pull off a **** combo, although Metaknight has so much priority Ganons power makes up for this.

DO NOT DELETE THIS THREAD UNTIL AT LEAST 19:00 GMT.

Thanks In Advance.

K.Mac.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I agree, the difference in weight is too much. If ganon lands a warlock punch thats almost half a stock right there! :O

60/40 gano imo

Andy!

Smash Cadet
Yeah thanks for the Dooan quite interesting, i'll look into that myself actually, Great Post :)

Kasper!

Smash Lord
omd where do i start with this matchup so much epicness, this match is obv 50:50 cause of pur strength of ganon, his dair is amazing, his side b is unblockable and best of all HIS TAUNT IS A FRICKEN MINDGAME, just look at that sword come out *looks at sword*.
meta on the other hand is light and has no real solid approaches on this man beast, warlock punch deny's all of metas approaches if timed right and his blocking his up b easily sets up for a dair spike!

need i say more?

hooray to all ganon players out there, i love you all

Calzorz

Smash Lord
yea i agree gannon just juggles mk too well its kinda unfair for metaknight why hes at the top of the tier list when gannon has a posotive matchup on him i have no idea

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
At first I bought into all the MK hype, thinking that like any other match-up, it must be at least 70:30 in MK's favour (known as the "3rd commandment of Brawl").

However, much to my surprise after playing Ganon and experimenting I believe this match-up to be 80:20 in Ganon's favour! I know, I know, it may sound mind boggling, but bear with me and I'm sure you will think the same.

MK has speed, we all know this. But what MK lacks is power, a solid killing move, and most of all reliable gimps. As we all know, Brawl has no combs (see the "6th commandment of Brawl") so speedy, combo based characters tend to not do as well against characters with 4-5 solid strong hits for a kill. Not only this, but Ganon has very reliable gimps (the guaranteed Dair, reliable Bair, utilt, Wizard Foot, Ganon's hidden footstool jump bonus and Flame Choke suicides), just giving Ganon the edge he needs over Metaknight.

Now you may bring up that Metaknight has good range and the dreaded Tornado. Most people forget that Ganon has range to combat this. Wizard's Foot, Warlock Punch, ftilt, dtilt are all very quick moves with little lag and great range. Furthermore, Warlock Punch and Wizard's Foot can be used to outprioritise Mach Tornado. If you haven't figured out yet, Wizard's Foot is key to this match-up, much as fair is key to any Marth player. Wizard's Foot will help you gimp MK, has great range and can be used to beat Tornado.

This concludes my opinion on this match-up, it is a clear 8:2 advantage to Ganon.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Sorry but Andy! is right on this one, please dont continue or i will have to get Virgilijus to issue you a 5day temp ban, Thanks Again.

Anyway lets stay on tpic shall we?

Nic64

Smash Lord
ganondrofs side b is leik really cheap I can't stop getting grabbed wtf, 70:30 ganon IMO

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
5 day temp ban for saying what loool.......

There's not been anything said which is harsh enough AND plus my infractions have expired.

AND PLUS this topic is in the wrong section.

So once again brawl fails.

Hi Virgullaulallual in advanced.

j3ly

Smash Champion
no mod would issue a 5day temp ban for 2 lines of spam

and unless that dude is admin, he isnt even a mod of these forums

melee >> brawl

and now im signing off for a week, goodbye. (in 10 mins)

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
The match of Brado vs Kmac convinced me, Kmac could barely kill ganondorf with his usmash so it's definitly 60/40 for ganon.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
if you compare looks, ganon wins

Ganon should be played like a robot, im sure if you time his up b and jabs perfectly metaknight cannot attack. Example of this would be a level 9 ganon because they are impossible to beat from experience

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Im clearly the most educated on this subject.

Why are you even denying my brawl opinion and knowledge :confused:
lol u been braggin to me about ur brawl knowledge ever since i ***** ur fox with jiggs @ fd in melee, i love it when melee noobs move to brawl

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes, Ganon beats MK in looks so hard.

Also, Ganon is the best character in melee, one forward air, and you're gone. That is all.

I will stop promoting spam when you stop promoting brawl.

What?

Why's everyone so hostile to Brawl here?

I mean, I understand melee>brawl any day of the week for me too (what am I entering Pound 4 in after all?), but can't we just get along?

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol fuzzy, when i had brawl i used to train solely on lvl 9 ganons, as soon as i unlocked a new char i would test against a ganon. I lost a couple times :confused:

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I think it's about time to break it up to him lol.

He thinks we're serious.

At least before the lock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom