• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight practice

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm think about practicing metaknight to be my secondary, Kirby is my main.

My question is simple, what should i prioritize in trying to learn metaknight? I have the basics down (l cancels wavedash/lands etc) but don't know a lot about MK's advanced tech. I've been looking through the board and have started to read some of the guides but it would be nice to know what things are more important then others.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Although some of the info is no longer accurate with the release of 3.5, I would recommend checking out Oakwood's Dimensional Cape Guide and trying out some of the things he describes in it. Although it is no longer as good in 3.5, the Dimensional Cape is still a good move to be familiar with, as it can provide with countless mixups and is still an amazing tech chase tool. Learn how to do all the different lengths of it using the move and shift that Oakwood describes. You can also both move AND shift forward but turn backwards, which Oakwood unfortunately doesn't describe, but I do touch on it in my thread about my near useless MK teck the Mega Reversal (shameles self promotion :3).

In general, movement is extremely important. Learn how to run around the stage, dash-dance, waveland on and slide off of platforms, and just be able to effectively mix up an opponent. If you can always out-maneuver your opponent, you will have a lot more control of the stage and the match as a whole. This tip pretty much applies for every character, but it's especially important for characters that can dash-dance very well such as Meta Knight or Marth.

Top Bottom