• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight in the current metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkez

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I am Enygma, an Italian smasher. (maybe someone knows me as Cirno) I made a video on MK as a character.
(sorry for my english, sigh xD)
I would like to know your general opinion cause to me, MK sounds like he could compete in high level tournament play as well.

(buff him with the patch or riot)

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Hello, I'm Technology; one of the seasoned MK mains here.

Typically, a thread of this nature is not necessary. I invite you to post in the social which is by far the most active thread here.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-mkgd-we-welcome-the-new-wave-of-bats.370875/page-51

But to answer your question: Meta Knight is viable. He's quite difficult to play and he has a handful of problematic matchups but there is really only one that most MKs agree that is exceptionally difficult. We believe him to be better than most outsiders believe and his potential only seems to be realized by dedicated MK players. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask them in the social or Q and A thread.

Notable Meta Knight players on the forum who will help include the following:

@ItoI6
@Katakiri
@Fye
@warionumbah2
@Bonk!
@Oblivion129
@Ulevo
@ ZTD | TECHnology ZTD | TECHnology

And there's a few more. Hope this helped you. Cool video btw. You should check out some of Bonk's instructional videos as well.

:4metaknight:

Last edited:

linkez

Smash Cadet
I took a look at the footstool setups, i usually go for the Bair reset but footstool seems really more effective if done correctly.

Thanks for your reply man.
I also took a look at the matchup thread and i was a bit shocked about some things (Mario was the one that shocked me the most, my chars are sheik, mario and mk atm and i feel like Mario has A LOT of evil stuff on mk xD)

Should i repost my video in the social thread?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yes, if you want to repost there go for it.

Also Mario is my most known MU so if you have any questions with that I can help you there. I play with a talented Mario all of the time.

linkez

Smash Cadet
Pretty good, see ya there!
Edit: feel free to lock this thread!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom