• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Guide By Kappy

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
If you haven't heard WindyCitySmash ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqLYyPcx0tOY5MuOhLvKISw ) has been doing video guides with commentary on characters recently. One of the newest (uploaded yesterday) is one on MetaKnight.
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNocgY7rhbM&list=UUqLYyPcx0tOY5MuOhLvKISw) This guide is lacking some things and couldnt cover everything, its only 1 hour long btw, but it still covers many basics and A.T with MetaKnight and can be very helpful to new/seminew players. It also has info for more experienced players.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
eh.. I don't really like these long and broad types of guides. I think it's better to make short and sweet videos that discuss one certain aspect, that is important to the character. With the shorter videos, rehearsing what you wanna say is viable and you can be a lot more effective, when trying to deliver your message.

Last edited:

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
eh.. I don't really like these long and broad types of guides. I think it's better to make short and sweet videos that discuss one certain aspect, that is important to the character. With the shorter videos, rehearsing what you wanna say is viable and you can be a lot more effective, when trying to deliver your message.
I get what you're saying but real talk seems like they do try hard to make these and it is for the better of the community. You should be more grateful :\

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Wow I was actually about to post that exact video here because I just found it and it's pretty awesome lol

Obviously he doesn't cover every little thing about MK but it's super good for basics or just improving what you already know, plus the character matchup section is good for a rough outline of what you should know.

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
Wow I was actually about to post that exact video here because I just found it and it's pretty awesome lol

Obviously he doesn't cover every little thing about MK but it's super good for basics or just improving what you already know, plus the character matchup section is good for a rough outline of what you should know.
Yea i know alot about mk but its nice to use it for review and it taught me a few things.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
I agree. With longer videos its much harder to remember things.

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
For those that watched the video, when he was doing the double u-air in a single short hop... I'm really struggling with it. It feels too slow to switch from the C-stick from the X button in such a short time. For those of you who do this, did you switch Z to jump, or do you have to use the A button to do the aerials? Thanks in advance.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
For those that watched the video, when he was doing the double u-air in a single short hop... I'm really struggling with it. It feels too slow to switch from the C-stick from the X button in such a short time. For those of you who do this, did you switch Z to jump, or do you have to use the A button to do the aerials? Thanks in advance.
I just use the A button. I'll either do Y -> Up + A -> Up + A or Y -> Up + A -> C-Stick Up. It's easier to do it this way if you have Tap Jump off, but it's not necessary. You might want Tap Jump for some other things too, so just make sure you don't use it if you turn it off.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I'm mad quick wit it so I just double flick my stick

GeZ

Smash Lord
I get what you're saying but real talk seems like they do try hard to make these and it is for the better of the community. You should be more grateful :\
If someone thinks it's in a poor format, and that it could be done better they should be able to voice that without someone telling them they should be happy they got anything. That's some bull****.

In regards to what you guys were talking about, longform guides work much better when written out than in videos. In a video format it just seems boring and hard to navigate.

Last edited:

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
If someone thinks it's in a poor format, and that it could be done better they should be able to voice that without someone telling them they should be happy they got anything. That's some bull****.

In regards to what you guys were talking about, longform guides work much better when written out than in videos. In a video format it just seems boring and hard to navigate.
All i said was that he should be more grateful. Calm yourself

GeZ

Smash Lord
All i said was that he should be more grateful. Calm yourself
You're just using a dumb argument man. If people told me the Mario guide needed work (which some have) I wouldn't tell them they should be happy I worked on it at all. I'll improve it for them if I can, and if it doesn't suit their fancy that's fine. Saying "be grateful there's anything at all" is just a non statement.

GeZ got my back
+1
I GOT CHU EZ

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
You're just using a dumb argument man. If people told me the Mario guide needed work (which some have) I wouldn't tell them they should be happy I worked on it at all. I'll improve it for them if I can, and if it doesn't suit their fancy that's fine. Saying "be grateful there's anything at all" is just a non statement.

I GOT CHU EZ
Tbh you sound like your just trying to start an argument. I never said FU ez you suck be happy they gave you a guide. I said he should be more grateful. My intentions of this thread was to help others. Btw i cant change the guide its not mine nor do i know the people. Anyway not gonna fuel arguments.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Tbh you sound like your just trying to start an argument. I never said FU ez you suck be happy they gave you a guide. I said he should be more grateful. My intentions of this thread was to help others. Btw i cant change the guide its not mine nor do i know the people. Anyway not gonna fuel arguments.
Not trying to instigate man. It's at least something that the guide made it here. I just didn't agree with the way you responded to some criticism on the guide.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I short hop with the control stick (which is hard) and up-air both times with the c-stick. That might not be the best way to do that, but I don't use custom controls (besides setting X to grab).

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
PM-Claw for the win!
Claw is 4newbz. Cuz luk at Dark. Mayley tek skell gawd, dus nawt use claw.

Claw is pretty good, but tbh its kinda meh for MK. He doesn't really need it. Uair waveand is a much better juggle/pressure option than double uair imo.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
I do use it mainly because the c-stick is always available and I have a much easier time to do momentum-controlled aerials. Tbh, you are right about MK not needing it, but I play multiple characters (most just for fun but still :))

GeZ

Smash Lord
I do use it mainly because the c-stick is always available and I have a much easier time to do momentum-controlled aerials. Tbh, you are right about MK not needing it, but I play multiple characters (most just for fun but still :))
You play claw? Like you're holding the controller with one hand clawed all the time?

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Right hand (all fingers, from thumb on):
C-stick / B / Y / Z / R (set to attack)
Can only recommend it, works fantastic for a broad set of purposes. Only difficulty could be the difference to Melee where something like remapping R is not possible.

Top Bottom