• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

metaknight combo vid preview

Taso

Smash Apprentice
heres a little project im currently working on.i only have stuff i recorded from about 20 minutes of play so far w/my comrades but i hope you enjoy =D

you may also notice that its pretty much fd as well.thats because my recording tools wont record the screen right unless it was fd or certain other stages wich we only ended up on fd for the recorded ones hahaha!

but yea anyway heres the vid so far =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0OL2H-bKUI
This? Yeah, I saw this.

I know it'll be larger in the end. I suppose it would have been better to phrase it as a direct comment to the pieces of the twenty minutes you'd recorded.

Believe me, I'm expecting some far more interesting things with the final version, my earlier comment wasn't at all speaking down to you, and I understand that in twenty minutes against buddies, you can't exactly choose who you fight.

It's just that the way I see it, most of your footage, being against Ike, is the easiest of combos to achieve. I can't wait to see what else you have, but in that twenty minutes, I'd hoped you would have pulled off some really interesting things against specifically difficult characters for MK to combo against.

Sorry for the confusion(and sorry if there still is some =P)

D

Deleted member

This? Yeah, I saw this.

I know it'll be larger in the end. I suppose it would have been better to phrase it as a direct comment to the pieces of the twenty minutes you'd recorded.

Believe me, I'm expecting some far more interesting things with the final version, my earlier comment wasn't at all speaking down to you, and I understand that in twenty minutes against buddies, you can't exactly choose who you fight.

It's just that the way I see it, most of your footage, being against Ike, is the easiest of combos to achieve. I can't wait to see what else you have, but in that twenty minutes, I'd hoped you would have pulled off some really interesting things against specifically difficult characters for MK to combo against.

Sorry for the confusion(and sorry if there still is some =P)
its all good =)
lol go manbou! good 2 see u too.
post up some of ur match vids please!!!
haha thanks! i gotta find my tourny finals too cause i planned on puuting those up a while ago =0

VacantShadow

Smash Cadet
Very nice video so far.

One thing I find good for approaching the enemy is to go to the edge, drop down, quick jump up followed by an Up-B and swore right to them and slash 'em. Another way I approach people from the edge is jumping and as soon as the jump starts use your B special and just go straight into them, usually for me the last hit gets 'em and I continue up with a combo of sorts. Once you learn how to approach people with MK, and how abuse his specials, he can be somewhat overpowering. Especially if you end combos with Up-B, and juggle them off the board.

MLG Masa

Smash Cadet
My problem with your video is that most of your combos are against Ike.

To be blatantly honest, Ike is easily one of the easiest characters for MK to beat. I have never had any trouble against an Ike player, good or bad.
I'd have liked to see some combos against floaters.
I agree, Ike is one of the easiest characters for MK. Bad recovery and slow. His attacks are easy to see and a few of my air dodges and shield grabs and its over for him.

Besides the point, it was a combo vid not a match to show skill vs an Ike. So it just shows some combos that could be applied when facing Ike.

D

Deleted member

lol does everyone skip the first post hahaha.i agree w/you guys though but dont worry therll be more in the actual vid lol

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Holy ****, amazing metaknight man. Can't wait to see you fighting more opponents and even more brutal combos. I think I'm going to go practice my meta now...

Mizar

Smash Ace
Nice vid, one of the best metaknights i've seen so far.

Just on a sidenote, why are you saying ''hahaha!'' in every post :p

D

Deleted member

Nice vid, one of the best metaknights i've seen so far.

Just on a sidenote, why are you saying ''hahaha!'' in every post :p

hahaha idk just to show im a nice dude=D
Tru=, is Meta-knight your main character?
-If anyone asked this, sorry I might have missed it?-
no i dont have a main right now im really into everyone,especially ivysaur and bowser =D

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
pretty good vid so far man. props.

bad quality tho like u said :(

also for an idea u might like that I also do.... if you are out there decently far pushing someone through the air so they cant recover and u finally get the kill but are out of jumps try using neutral B to recover. It has more horizontal than vertical recovery and gets you back to the stage faster than his upB to glide.

Also I do see you trying to implement his sideB and it could just be my taste for it but I hate the move. the only time I will use it is an application similar to the downB to grab the edge, except with the sideB it is slower and pushes the opponent off with you. also if you angle the sideB just right you sweet spot right after. So yea pushes them off the level and gives you a sweet spot for the down air gimps.

D

Deleted member

pretty good vid so far man. props.

bad quality tho like u said :(

also for an idea u might like that I also do.... if you are out there decently far pushing someone through the air so they cant recover and u finally get the kill but are out of jumps try using neutral B to recover. It has more horizontal than vertical recovery and gets you back to the stage faster than his upB to glide.

Also I do see you trying to implement his sideB and it could just be my taste for it but I hate the move. the only time I will use it is an application similar to the downB to grab the edge, except with the sideB it is slower and pushes the opponent off with you. also if you angle the sideB just right you sweet spot right after. So yea pushes them off the level and gives you a sweet spot for the down air gimps.
i agree its just about the opportunity to get it off =0

also i have some good side b stuff but its still not that great being side b and all hahaha =D

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
cuz in ssbm i have a friend thats mad good at that game me and him are like equal . and sometime he uses my character. and you know that if your good at this game you can be good with anyone . and sometimes in the first match he beats me with my character. and wat i hate is wat he says " oooh i beat you with your own character "and starts laughing.lol and then i tell him ."i dare you to pick him again" and he only left me with 3 stock from a 5 stock match.haha
LOL no one cares.

Why do noobs continually post about the score between them and their unknown friends. We have no idea how good you are and we have no idea how good/bad your friend is. The score between you two is meaningless and impresses no one.

Top Bottom