• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

metaknight combo vid preview

D

Deleted member

heres a little project im currently working on.i only have stuff i recorded from about 20 minutes of play so far w/my comrades but i hope you enjoy =D

you may also notice that its pretty much fd as well.thats because my recording tools wont record the screen right unless it was fd or certain other stages wich we only ended up on fd for the recorded ones hahaha!

but yea anyway heres the vid so far =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0OL2H-bKUI

D

Deleted member

Yo who are you playing with and what are you doing saturday?
in the vid so far its alan and nick (zeal and xellos)

and this saturdayyyyyy maybe ill come up there but im tryin to hold a fest here but ill see tommorrow.

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
**** nigg you tell me i'm rich ill ****ing go up there, I ain't doing **** other then playing Randy's Ike and Justin's Marth over and over and over and over again.

D

Deleted member

Your video is broken, get it up. I'm really interested ^_^
its not broken lol it has to reprocess it probably youtube is silly like that haha.

when it is working again i will let you guys know by updating the title.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sweet vid man ........but i can all that stuff as MK to and im wondering ....can we inprove where do we go from here?

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
i dont know what to do with him anymore ..........ive played him out i dont think i can get anybetter it sucks

D

Deleted member

i dont know what to do with him anymore ..........ive played him out i dont think i can get anybetter it sucks
dont say you cant get any better haha until you go to tournies against really good ppl and see how you place =D

as for what to do w/meta,i agree haha its hard to figure out new things but its still fun though =D

What grab were you using when you chaingrabbing?

Nice use of B moves ^^
it was f-throw my friend.

D

Deleted member

that was an awsome vid.
to be honest i think metaknight is the cheapest character in the game
haha thanks,and yeah i hear that alot but i guess it depends on who your playing against hahaha!

D

Deleted member

ummm its hard to say.i really havent had a hard time against any characters but have had to think a lot more against lucas,R.O.B,and,ike. fighting another meta is only annoying hahaha!

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Of course you can keep improving. If nothing else, you can improve in matches against specific match ups and your ability with mind games. Keep playing and try to keep playing as many people as you can.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
The hardest charactor to beat ?
i know you were askin him .....but i find that ike and projectile users are hard to beat ....

Ike becuase of how strong he is and how light MK is
projectile users (excluding snake) becuase of how easy they can keep MK back

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
cuz in ssbm i have a friend thats mad good at that game me and him are like equal . and sometime he uses my character. and you know that if your good at this game you can be good with anyone . and sometimes in the first match he beats me with my character. and wat i hate is wat he says " oooh i beat you with your own character "and starts laughing.lol and then i tell him ."i dare you to pick him again" and he only left me with 3 stock from a 5 stock match.haha

D

Deleted member

yeah brawls specifically geared towards newer players so theres not really a skill gap hahaha but most dont seem to mind it =D

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
There are still skill gaps, but the peak skill seems to be much much easier to reach in Brawl, once you get over the changes from melee. I've noticed a lot of people are stuck on melee and are having a hard time making the transition.

Then again. It's really early on. You never know what will happen in the time to come.

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
you are beast, no lie.

i need to try to get off the stage more often, i kinda forget everybody has a broken *** recovery XD

D

Deleted member

hahaha thanks guys!
but yeah i know what you mean traveler8,me and my friends agree with that its still early on as well so we'll just have to see how it developes =D

Entropy

Smash Cadet
0:31 - 0:42 = uber

I posted here because my computer/internet hates youtube and I can't comment on the video itself.

D

Deleted member

haha thanks =D
i think i found a better way to do these vids so when the full thing is up the rest should be in really good quality =)

D

Deleted member

haha no problem!
the new parts of the vid are coming out in amazing quality also i have taken some parts out and replaced them with newer stuff.i probabaly have to go back to the hospital but it should be my last visit for a while so the vid should be complete soon =D

im really surprised you guys like the the preview so much! that means alot to me hahaha.i think youll really enjoy the complete version when its out =)

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
Great job from what I've seen. I do hate to be bring up the small details, but I do hope you capture the actual combo video in greater detail. You're doing good work and you sort of do yourself a disservice by using such grainy footage. Other than that, this rocks so far, keep up the good work.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Very nice video. I enjoyed the application of downB the most. I've tried playing around with it a few times and it only resulted in my death thus far :lol: This is an inspiration to try harder, though.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good. That's about my skill level except that I tend not to use his cape to warp to the ledge for Edgehoggin'.

My problem with your video is that most of your combos are against Ike.

To be blatantly honest, Ike is easily one of the easiest characters for MK to beat. I have never had any trouble against an Ike player, good or bad.
I'd have liked to see some combos against floaters.

Seeing you waste a kirby like that would be interesting.

=P

Still good though. Impressive use of throws and short hop Fairing.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
That's some nice edge guarding. Watching this finally helped me figure out the sweet spot on the backwards up B. I'ma start using dimensional cape for the edge hog as well. Very good video.

D

Deleted member

thanks guys! and rampant and taso i assume you didnt read the whole first post hahaha but thanks for your support anyways =D

EDIT: i do have better quality now but the graininess is all youtube itself but there is a option to watch it in higher quality but its still not that high =0

MDK00

Smash Ace
you are my new MK hero. i knew about dimension edge hog but i never thot of applyin it because its so easy for MK to jus run and hug the ledge very quickly but seein you actually apply it was so sexy. now i mus use and abuse it.

btw are you the same tru= from bigbangbeatbase forums?

D

Deleted member

you are my new MK hero. i knew about dimension edge hog but i never thot of applyin it because its so easy for MK to jus run and hug the ledge very quickly but seein you actually apply it was so sexy. now i mus use and abuse it.

btw are you the same tru= from bigbangbeatbase forums?
0_0! haha yes i am the same one!
good to see you!

Top Bottom