• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight advanced tactics/combos?

larknok

Smash Rookie
This will be a guide to some good metaknight tactics or combos to beating opponents at name. To start out the guide I will name a combo that worked well against Ike. I call it, "Excited Cheerleader." To execute this combo get close to Ike or any medium height/weight character, and grab them. Perform a grab and a down throw (metaknight pounce) and the enemy will fly the opposite direction of metaknight measuring about one character length. While the enemy is down, head towards them and perform a triple strong attack (standard attack button pressed three times with direction) The enemy will fly a bit into the air and then you are free to charge an up smash and unleash. With high platforms and 30% to start this works well. 30% to (metaknight pounce) 40-42%, to (triple strong attack) 50%ish to up smash 55-70% and off the screen. Thanks, post your metaknight combos or tactics!

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
The combo that has worked the best for me as Meta Knight is the U-Air/Up-B combo. It's extremely simple, but like I said, it works. Against almost any character at almost any percentage, you can string together a fair amount of U-airs and finish the combo with an Up-B. The Up-B will normally kill at 100-130% (minimum), and the preceding U-air's will normally bring your opponent to around that percentage (that is of course depending on the percentage your opponent is at when you start the combo). If not the Up-B will normally launch your opponent far enough to execute an effective edge-guard.

That's normally a very easy combo to start-up as well. You can lead into the combo very well with an U-Smash or U-Tilt . You can also D-Throw/Dash A/U-Tilt/U-Air/Up-B as well if your opponent's at a lower percentage or if you just want a flashier combo. It's less reliable though.

I've also noticed that Meta's Up-B is probably his best killing move, and that it's not used very often as such. I haven't seen one person who uses that move for killing. Granted, I haven't seen a whole lot of people play Meta Knight, but I digress. Like I said, it's very easy to combo into and will kill at relatively low percentages, though the move is also virtually un-punishable, it has almost zero overall lag, a fairly large hitbox, and it can be used out of a shield. His D-Smash is probably the next most reliable KO move, and I've found that it's a lot more situational than his Up-B. What I mean by that is that the D-Smash can only be used in a handful of situations, whereas the Up-B cannot only be used in more situations, but you can create more situations in which you'll be able to land that attack by comboing or even shielding at the right time. You can also wall-spike your opponent against the side of a stage under the right circumstances if he/she tries to edge-guard you while you're recovering.

And just one more note, and I think this was mentioned by Gimpyfish or someone else in one of his videos somewhere, is that Meta Knight can also apply some of the best shield pressure in the game. You can very often just poke at your opponent's shield with a D-Tilt or F-Tilt, and because Meta's attacks possess very little lag in general, the tactic is hard to punish.

Top Bottom