• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Ridley trophy

True Sonic

Smash Cadet
Does any one have any strategy for getting the Meta Ridley trophy? He's the last boss trophy I need and its not a problem with getting the trophy stand (I fight him on intense) Its getting him into a position where his trophy won't fly off the stage when I hit him with the trophy stand before the 2 minute time limit is up. Does any one know any good strategies for turning Meta Ridley into a trophy?

hoonyboy

Smash Rookie
You need a character who can fall very quickly, like Fox. It's what Sakurai suggested on the dogo. I tried it myself, but I got real pissed off because I still missed the trophy. And getting to meta ridley sucks, too. I'm tired of that level.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
There is no need for any of that fast-falling nonsense. Just toss up the trophy when Meta Ridley attacks from the top. Even if he is offscreen when you throw it, he'll hit it on the way down anyway. Grab the trophy at your (relative) leisure.

If it doesn't work out for you, just let yourself die, but do NOT kill Meta Ridley. Get back up and try again. You won't lose your stickers unless you see the Game Over screen. Eventually, you will succeed, so there is also no need to play on harder difficulties if you aren't that good at fighting Meta Ridley. I'd still recommend the Big Boss sticker though.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I had this problem, too. I eventually got it by doing the following. Once you have him down low enough on health and you have the stand, wait for him to do this one particular attack:

It's the one where he slowly flies towards you to shoot a fireball at you. You can tell when he's going to do it because it's the (only?) attack where you can see fire trailing from his mouth beforehand. You have 2 options.

I stood at the middle of the ship, and did a rolldodge left as he did the attack. I immediately threw the stand upwards and he was mine.

I think this one would be easier. When you are ready to grab him, stand at the nose of the ship. That way, when he starts flying towards you w/ the fire in his mouth, you can simply do a double jump and throw it at him before he launches it.

As redshift stated, the fast-fall is NOT your friend. If you screw up the fast-fall after capping Meta Ridley, you have to do the whole level again. This is especially irritating on Intense.

Redshift: You said you don't lose stickers unless you "see" the game over screen? Is there a way to bypass it, or something? *remembers all the times he saw 10+ stickers fly away*

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I did is wait until Meta Ridley is above the Falcon Flyer before using the Trophy Stand. That way, the trophy would fall onto the ground instead of the bottomless pit. Possible to accomplish on Easy if you have at least three characters with a Big Boss sticker attached to them.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
Redshift: You said you don't lose stickers unless you "see" the game over screen? Is there a way to bypass it, or something? *remembers all the times he saw 10+ stickers fly away*
When you lose all of your lives, it asks you to get back up, or quit, etc. If you quit, it will say 'Game Over' and you'll lose stickers. But as far as I know, getting back up won't cause you to lose stickers. What you will see are little Subspace icons flying around when it happens, but every time I checked afterwards, all my stickers were intact unless I gave up. I'm not sure what those icons are there for.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
I made this thread a couple weeks ago.

I actually did what Sakurai did and fast falled using Fox.

BUT, jump off the edge, THEN throw the trophy stand, DON'T throw it while you're still on the Falcon Flyer. That's how I got my personal favorite trophy int he game. :bee:

Also, instead doing intense, use trophies that have the "Trophy Stand Drop +" abilities, even 1 will make a world of a difference. I have Fox and Toon Link decked out in 'em, and it's easy to nab trophies in SSE now. :)

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
When you lose all of your lives, it asks you to get back up, or quit, etc. If you quit, it will say 'Game Over' and you'll lose stickers. But as far as I know, getting back up won't cause you to lose stickers. What you will see are little Subspace icons flying around when it happens, but every time I checked afterwards, all my stickers were intact unless I gave up. I'm not sure what those icons are there for.
That's interesting. I just assumed I was losing a bunch of stickers all the time!
Good news. I'm still missing almost 40, so I need to keep on farming them.
Thanks for the info.

lord_luigi

Smash Cadet
I do believe that there is a moment late in his "rest" phase that lets it drop on the Falcon Flyer. That's how I got it. The giant meteor attack is also a good idea.

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
Ugh...i hated that one.

Generally, when i got ready for it. I just stood above the engines and kept throwing up. That way, it hits him when he swoops

EDIT: Oh, the stickers flying off when you die are the ones that your characters COLLECTED that round. (Took me forever to figure that one out)

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Half of them, not all of them. This includes trophies. It's on the Dojo I think.
Yeah, I think it is, too. When Redshift first spoke about losing stickers, I thought he meant there was a way to skip the animation of losing stickers, thus saving them. Maybe you mash A or start or whatever.

But it appears that you lose them anyway. Either way, the same goal applies: don't die.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I think it is, too. When Redshift first spoke about losing stickers, I thought he meant there was a way to skip the animation of losing stickers, thus saving them. Maybe you mash A or start or whatever.

But it appears that you lose them anyway. Either way, the same goal applies: don't die.
Wait, I meant the stickers that are attached to your character. It has never happened to me unless I gave up after dying.

Ege-Man

Smash Rookie
You can also try to get him when he is about to shoot multiple fireballs. When he does that, he is on the Falcon Flyer. Just roll to the very end of the Flyer, throw the Trophy stand upwards and it is yours. That's how I got that today.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I wait until Meta Ridley does the attack where he flies high into the air then slams the Falcon Flier to instant KO players. As he flies up I throw the Trophies Stand upward then after he slams into the flier and flies upward the trophies hits him. Hasn't failed me once.

Top Bottom