• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's New Match Up Thread: Toon Link

lilseph

Smash Ace
Love this MU so much. I hear from other metaknights that his projectiles are annoying but i think Tornado eats them all up IIRC (Don't quote me on that). After you get in just unleash all your rage upon him. I really love ftilt and fair in this MU personally and well tornado because it eats up his projectiles.

I have a hard time gimping compared to other chracters, i don't know if im doing something wrong or something but he seems harder to gimp them most of the cast. Annoying things to look out for would be his aerials because he does stay in the air for most of the game (which is why i love ftilt), and his porjectiles.

This is just what i think TBH i have not played any outstanding TL but this is just going off what i know off the top of my head. Take this with a grain of salt.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I used to main Tink early on my Brawl life, so I know his main weakness: he's VERY punishable.
Whenever he hits, does a lot of damage quickly; but if he wiffs something he'll pretty much get hitted for it (specially with MK's range and speed).

Be patient, let him attack first and wait for any opening, you'll eventaully find one.

Personally, I'm bad at the MU because of my terrible reflexes lol
If you keep your distance, his DashUsmash is very telegraphed anyways.

NNID
Budget_Player
A lot of TLs will automatically Zair out of your dthrow at low %s; this is your cue to tornado the **** out of them.

Having trouble approaching? Here's what you do: you just walk forward and powershield everything. Dashing sucks in this MU.

If TL is in the air and doesn't have a bomb, Nado. He has nothing other than bombs.

Play safe. If you lose the lead, you're going to spend a long time playing "tag". It's annoying.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Tornado goes through all projectiles except bombs. If you shield a bomb, you can catch it off the bounce from your shield, or move back from it. If bombs come into the picture, play it a little safer because that's the main thing TL has to get past your priority moves.

Like BPC said, all you really need to do for approaching is walking and powershielding. Don't let TL surprise you with quickdraw arrows. Other than that it's easy to see when he'll pull a projectile.

TL won't like to stay grounded for too long, so look for openings in the air. Just powershield his moves and punish.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
If he throws a bomb on your shield just Up-B OoS, and if you dthrow him you can running PS his Zair and regrab.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I think UpB OoS against bombs is probably more useful for when he throws bombs while he's closer to you - otherwise you might leave yourself vulnerable.

On that note, I think TL can punish UpB OoS with Usmash, which will kill at high % so be cautious.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
He can't really punish SL at all except for a hard read. He's not like Wario where he can almost always clap your whiffed SL.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
My usual strategy is to powershield all the projectiles, and try to get about a dash attack distance away pressuring with tilts/baiting jumps. TL is one floaty dude, and you can get really put on the pressure when he's in the air. Do everything you can to get him offstage and try not to let him land. You don't want to be fighting for stage control the whole match trying to avoid stuff. I personally don't think tornado is that effective due to TL's floatiness, that tornado TL everytime he doesn't have a bomb doesn't work. It's how I fight link, but the risk/reward sucks against TL that DIs.

Here's a vid of how to wall TL/approach from the air, and it shows how you can outcamp/timeout a TL if you like to play that way. If someone can explain how/why he's doing what he's doing in the vid, please explain. I'm not good enough to do this. (particularly the walling from the air) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhLbceQhLWM

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I play Hyro alot. If you shuttle loop facing him and he's anywhere near you, you will get up smashed. Btw, if he dairs your shield, please jump and uair. Works everytime. Really, if you make it so that he can't safely pull bombs, you win. If not, you can still win; but good luck cause it's alot harder.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
You just can't grab mk with tl grab.
Bombs out priorize tornado, so watch out you little spammers.
Mk can gimp tl EASILY.
If tl is not an idiot he will not dair a lot beacuse its a duck when you miss or gets shielded...
Tl fsmash sucks against mk because he's just too fast.....
Arrows suck, they're too slow against mk but could make a very good work at distances.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You just can't grab mk with tl grab.
Bombs out priorize tornado, so watch out you little spammers.
Mk can gimp tl EASILY.
If tl is not an idiot he will not dair a lot beacuse its a duck when you miss or gets shielded...
Tl fsmash sucks against mk because he's just too fast.....
Arrows suck, they're too slow against mk but could make a very good work at distances.
Come one out Ashton, you got me.

Top Bottom