• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta-Knight

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Well theres just a overload of Meta-Knight is gonna own threads. Everyone and their butcher is gonna play Meta-Knight....So what if Sakurai throws a curve ball at us...and completely nerfs Meta-Knight like Mewtwo! Mewtwo looked awesome and is awesome is his series but sucked in melee and everyone and their butcher thought he was gonna be god tier but noooo. Only the ones who play Mewtwo are the people who like Mewtwo because he is Mewtwo. I dont want this to happen but what if...

Discuss.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
He's good, that was established, and don't name threads about tiers, it'll get locked.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Just because he's noob friendly does not mean he is good. That being said, he will probably at least mid-tier or higher.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
So what if Sakurai throws a curve ball at us...and completely nerfs Meta-Knight like Mewtwo!
He can't "get nerfed" because this is his first appearance as a playable character in Smash. "Getting nerfed" happens to characters who are generally overpowered in a previous installment, and then get remade substantially worse (i.e. Pikachu & Kirby from 64 to Melee).

And there's already a good idea of how good/bad Meta Knight is to those who are informed. He plays like Kirby with faster attacks, better Special attacks, and a remarkable recovery. Kirby in Melee with all these improvements would be about Middle Tier, and - outside changes from player ingenuity - I suspect this shows about how good Meta Knight will be in Brawl as well.

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
I hope he doesn't get nerfed. But no one can guarantee anything here.

Metaknight seems to be middle tier material due to a supposedly big weakness in his lack of kill moves.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
can we stop saying nerfed? anyway if sakurai throws a curveball at us, he's done it before (samurai goroh) that doesnt mean he's unplayable. if he turns out like mewtwo, I really dont think thats possible, without changeing his special moves altogether, because all four are totally usuable competitively. since that wont happen, we're fine. a lack of killmoves means nothing, its not hard to make up with his sher speed of attack and almost no lag.

Top Bottom